RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light?

/ RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light? #31  
Just curious..? I like the idea of being able to use the glow plugs while the engine is running cold. But, how would you turn off the older Kubotas if the key switch didn't turn them off? Shut off fuel?

Yes they have a manual shut off under the dash. That was directions from a manual. The old 6100 will rarely start even on a 100 degree day without the glow plugs, also true when you have been using it if you turn it off for over 15 minutes. I have talked to several owners and they say they are all like this. Crazy but true. Keep in mind my 6100 is a 1981 model.

/ RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light? #32  
Relative to me, that's almost new! :drink:

/ RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light? #33  
Yes they have a manual shut off under the dash. That was directions from a manual. The old 6100 will rarely start even on a 100 degree day without the glow plugs, also true when you have been using it if you turn it off for over 15 minutes. I have talked to several owners and they say they are all like this. Crazy but true. Keep in mind my 6100 is a 1981 model.

Most of the older diesels shut off with a fuel shutoff switch. All the key on my Ford does is activate glow plugs if turning left or starter if turning right. In the On position it keeps the fuel and ammeter gauges lit, but that is it. Same on the Massey. If you prefer you could turn it off after you start it. The lights are a separate circuit.

/ RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light? #34  
After thinking about it, that's how my Case dozer worked. Key to make it startable, starter button on the floorboard, and a pull push knob for the fuel.

/ RK55HC - no glow plug indicator light? #35  
After thinking about it, that's how my Case dozer worked. Key to make it startable, starter button on the floorboard, and a pull push knob for the fuel.

yup.. my 500 and 3000 ford have fuel kill cables. you can start them then kill the key ( I wouldn't.. but.. ) yeah.. they run till you yank the cable,.