RK Tractors and the average person

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / RK Tractors and the average person #71  
Let's just clear the air....

Is it a requirement to own an RK tractor to post on this thread?
Probably not, but you don't have to act like a Richard Cranium while you are here either... lol

SR

/ RK Tractors and the average person #72  
The forum is: RK Tractors Owning/Operating. So, though there is no requirement that you own an RK tractor to post here, it seems odd that anyone who is not interested in owning or operating or has questions about how to operate their new RK tractor would want to participate. We own an RK55 which we absolutely love. Great tractor! I very much enjoy reading all the threads related to these tractors. There are some really great questions, answers, and suggestions/tips for how to do things different/better. I appreciate the input from Doug as to how the company works and what they're doing now and future plans. He's been extremely helpful to me and many others. This is and has been a really great resource for information which, when I was looking to buy our tractor, there was very little. It has grown into a really nice neighborhood of like interests.

I do not spend time on other forums reading about other tractors and commenting on those threads how uninformed or misguided their tractor buying decisions were. That's their choice and I respect that. If you don't like RK or do not trust their intent or do not feel they have the 'creds' to make a go of it, fine. Your choice. Enjoy the other forums/threads that feature the products you do enjoy. Being on this forum and posting negative comments just comes across as a little kid trying to convince you that his toy is better than yours when in fact he's just jealous that he spent more and his is broke.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #73  

Of course not, but what I have noticed in many of these charged sub-forum discussions in the past is that the brand owners sometimes take offense to non-brand owners participating. What is missed is that a large portion of us browse TBN using the "new posts" or "today's posts" functions, and we look at the whole forum, not caring what sub-forum posts are in. So that means as a Kubota and Deere owner, I may very well ramble through LS, Mahindra, RK, etc sub-forums and not even make a distinction.

To me it's all TBN. Plus add the fact that a lot of us have owned/operated other brands, and/or have neighbors with other brands, and it shouldn't matter what brand someone owns or what sub-forum someone is reading/participating. Anybody that has a problem with that should step back and relax about their brand loyalty and realize tractors/equipment are bigger than just their brand. Plus, there are folks here on TBN that know a lot more about tractors, maybe with decades of experience, and learned it all long before many brands were even on the market. It would be wrong to dismiss their opinions.

I think the issue with RK is that they are the new kid on the block and they have a different type of business model. People will be skeptical. I was skeptical. I think the posts and participation by RK Tractor Guy have been encouraging and helpful. He sees the bigger picture and isn't fazed by the skepticism. That is good. It would be really tough to start up a whole new brand and business model without a lot of patience.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #74  

No. But since:

> I don't
> am no longer shopping since I've already made my purchase
> have an RK store, but not a tractor store

I probably won't be active on these threads any more.

I do read other threads on other brands, but generally only comment (any more) if my experience can be directly related somehow.

So There!!!

/ RK Tractors and the average person #75  
The forum is: RK Tractors Owning/Operating. So, though there is no requirement that you own an RK tractor to post here, it seems odd that anyone who is not interested in owning or operating or has questions about how to operate their new RK tractor would want to participate. We own an RK55 which we absolutely love. Great tractor! I very much enjoy reading all the threads related to these tractors. There are some really great questions, answers, and suggestions/tips for how to do things different/better. I appreciate the input from Doug as to how the company works and what they're doing now and future plans. He's been extremely helpful to me and many others. This is and has been a really great resource for information which, when I was looking to buy our tractor, there was very little. It has grown into a really nice neighborhood of like interests.

I do not spend time on other forums reading about other tractors and commenting on those threads how uninformed or misguided their tractor buying decisions were. That's their choice and I respect that. If you don't like RK or do not trust their intent or do not feel they have the 'creds' to make a go of it, fine. Your choice. Enjoy the other forums/threads that feature the products you do enjoy. Being on this forum and posting negative comments just comes across as a little kid trying to convince you that his toy is better than yours when in fact he's just jealous that he spent more and his is broke.

1. You should spend time in other tractor brand forums on TBN. You will definitely learn something.
2. I look at multiple forums to keep an eye on every brand. I am not a fanboy type for a specific manufacturer. Who knows, maybe I will buy an RK as my next machine...but this research is what will help with that decision.
3. When we have a Dealer posting in these forums, it is always a great balance to have those that didnt buy said Brand commenting. It is just better for the consumer. You should have all sides to evaluate.
4. I agree there are some comments that could be worded more effectively, but hey we arent all writers :)
5. Negative, objective comments are fine as again they provide balance. For instance giving ones negative experience at a RK store is great information for a potential buyer. We need to know what we are getting. There are similar experiences with ALL dealers and manufacturers, and they should all be considered by a potential purchaser.

I will consider every brand in my purchases, including RK. Putting our heads in the sand because we dont want to hear something negative about `our purchase decision` is folly. Likewise telling someone else their tractor Brand sucks because it isnt the one you chose is childish. Lets do what TBN was meant to do...continue to inform its members about these wonderful machines we all love so much.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #76  
1. You should spend time in other tractor brand forums on TBN. You will definitely learn something.
2. I look at multiple forums to keep an eye on every brand. I am not a fanboy type for a specific manufacturer. Who knows, maybe I will buy an RK as my next machine...but this research is what will help with that decision.
3. When we have a Dealer posting in these forums, it is always a great balance to have those that didnt buy said Brand commenting. It is just better for the consumer. You should have all sides to evaluate.
4. I agree there are some comments that could be worded more effectively, but hey we arent all writers :)
5. Negative, objective comments are fine as again they provide balance. For instance giving ones negative experience at a RK store is great information for a potential buyer. We need to know what we are getting. There are similar experiences with ALL dealers and manufacturers, and they should all be considered by a potential purchaser.

I will consider every brand in my purchases, including RK. Putting our heads in the sand because we dont want to hear something negative about `our purchase decision` is folly. Likewise telling someone else their tractor Brand sucks because it isnt the one you chose is childish. Lets do what TBN was meant to do...continue to inform its members about these wonderful machines we all love so much.

Hear ye, hear ye.

Aaron Z

/ RK Tractors and the average person #77  
Probably not, but you don't have to act like a Richard Cranium while you are here either... lol

SR

I must have missed it. I hadn't read any post that's not a big part of the process of starting a new company.

Claims have been made of great customer support.

An owner posted his pleasure with his RK tractor. He also outlined im detail the shortcomings of company support. I rook his post as perfectly acceptable in this discussion.

The only posters here in my opinion that are being close minded are owners.

This is a good discussion regardless of the color of the tractor. No reason for anyone to get butt hurt over it. :)

/ RK Tractors and the average person #78  
Of course not, but what I have noticed in many of these charged sub-forum discussions in the past is that the brand owners sometimes take offense to non-brand owners participating. What is missed is that a large portion of us browse TBN using the "new posts" or "today's posts" functions, and we look at the whole forum, not caring what sub-forum posts are in. So that means as a Kubota and Deere owner, I may very well ramble through LS, Mahindra, RK, etc sub-forums and not even make a distinction.

To me it's all TBN. Plus add the fact that a lot of us have owned/operated other brands, and/or have neighbors with other brands, and it shouldn't matter what brand someone owns or what sub-forum someone is reading/participating. Anybody that has a problem with that should step back and relax about their brand loyalty and realize tractors/equipment are bigger than just their brand. Plus, there are folks here on TBN that know a lot more about tractors, maybe with decades of experience, and learned it all long before many brands were even on the market. It would be wrong to dismiss their opinions.

I think the issue with RK is that they are the new kid on the block and they have a different type of business model. People will be skeptical. I was skeptical. I think the posts and participation by RK Tractor Guy have been encouraging and helpful. He sees the bigger picture and isn't fazed by the skepticism. That is good. It would be really tough to start up a whole new brand and business model without a lot of patience.

PERFECTLY STATED !!!!

/ RK Tractors and the average person #79  
I must have missed it. I hadn't read any post that's not a big part of the process of starting a new company.

Claims have been made of great customer support.

An owner posted his pleasure with his RK tractor. He also outlined im detail the shortcomings of company support. I rook his post as perfectly acceptable in this discussion.

The only posters here in my opinion that are being close minded are owners.

This is a good discussion regardless of the color of the tractor. No reason for anyone to get butt hurt over it. :)

"The only posters here in my opinion that are being closed minded are owners"

YUP !!

/ RK Tractors and the average person #80  

I'm so glad I read this post before I took the time to peck one out like it on my phone.

Until a few posts ago I too didn't realize this thread was in the RK forum. Until a couple days ago I didn't even know there was an RK forum.

Thanks for an excellent and well written response!!

Status
Not open for further replies.