RK Tractors and the average person

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / RK Tractors and the average person #1  

cvestes

Tractor
1975 Deutz & RK55 HC
Hi,

I have researched tractors for years...under 60 HP tractors...where most folks on this site live.

At the end of the day, I can only say this..."Please consider the RK Tractors, if you do, you are doing yourself and the tractor buying public a huge service".

I have no stake in RK, other than I got a killer deal on an awesome tractor! (RK55 HC...more tractor than I imagined.)

Not knocking any brand you have allegiance to...just compare...do the math....then pull the trigger on what is best for you and your family.

Thanks! (And go RK Tractor Guy!)

/ RK Tractors and the average person #2  
Hi,

I have researched tractors for years...under 60 HP tractors...where most folks on this site live.

At the end of the day, I can only say this..."Please consider the RK Tractors, if you do, you are doing yourself and the tractor buying public a huge service".

I have no stake in RK, other than I got a killer deal on an awesome tractor! (RK55 HC...more tractor than I imagined.)

Not knocking any brand you have allegiance to...just compare...do the math....then pull the trigger on what is best for you and your family.

Thanks! (And go RK Tractor Guy!)

My question.

If I can buy the same/similar tractor from TYM at a comparable price, why would I instead opt to buy from Branson, Mahindra, or RK?
All are built by TYM (not all Mahindras are made by TYM)

Remenber Cabella's, or Montana, and a host of others.....?

TYM is a manufacturer.

Branson (is owned by TYM, and they might decide to kill off the Branson line), Mahindra (could drop TYM as a supplier), RK might drop the tractor business entirely.
Don't say it won't happen.,.... Cabella's did it.
Businesses constantly re-evaluate their business models.

It would seem to me that buying TYM would offer much less risk of tractor supplier survival, for the same or similar tractor, at the same or similar price.

Full disclosure: I am considering an HST TYM 554 with TX55 loader, and BY85 backhoe.

Last edited:
   / RK Tractors and the average person #3  
Love my RK but for the same price I would certainly rather buy a brand with a long held reputation and made very similarly but not green.
One argument is the long 8 year warranty however that's worth squat if they get out of the business

/ RK Tractors and the average person #4  
There's a risk when buying any brand. What if your local dealer goes out of business or is bought out by another brand dealer? RK is doing a many things right compared to the others listed above. They are selling a lot of tractors, drawing more people to their stores which increases overall sales. I don't see that business model ending anytime soon.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #5  
My question.

TYM is a manufacturer.

It would seem to me that buying TYM would offer much less risk of tractor supplier survival,

My TYM 'dealer' is a lawn mower shop in a city business district. It was like pulling teeth to get a written quote from them. They never even called me back after the first visit and I had to go back. Different person, so I had to start all over. Gave me no confidence at all.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #6  
There's a risk when buying any brand. What if your local dealer goes out of business or is bought out by another brand dealer? RK is doing a many things right compared to the others listed above. They are selling a lot of tractors, drawing more people to their stores which increases overall sales. I don't see that business model ending anytime soon.
I'm not trying to knock RK but I imagine similar was said about Cabelas. I would argue that an old business is less risky than a new one. After some years RK is going to see folks exercising that 8 year warranty and it's going to eat into their profitability. The fat heads tend to rethink strategy at this point. I hope RK does extremely well and is around for ages

/ RK Tractors and the average person #7  

Branson (is owned by TYM, and they might decide to kill off the Branson line), Mahindra (could drop TYM as a supplier), RK might drop the tractor business entirely.

Branson tractors are built by Kukje, which also builds tractors for John Deere, McCormick, Carraro and some others.

Yes, Tym bought Branson, although, Branson mentioned in their Global website that it is a Group so no one really knows what it is or what will come with is.

Kukje owns the Cummins license to build their engines. Some say the Tym is pursuing this license.

Anyway, if you compared a Branson with a Tym tractor, side by side, the Branson is built way heavier than the Tym.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #8  
Branson tractors are built by Kukje, which also builds tractors for John Deere, McCormick, Carraro and some others.

Yes, Tym bought Branson, although, Branson mentioned in their Global website that it is a Group so no one really knows what it is or what will come with is.

Kukje owns the Cummins license to build their engines. Some say the Tym is pursuing this license.

Anyway, if you compared a Branson with a Tym tractor, side by side, the Branson is built way heavier than the Tym.

And.... the comparison of the TYM with RK is.......?

/ RK Tractors and the average person #9  
It's been mentioned before that Cabelas dropping tractors was due to Bass Pro buying them out.

Local John Deere and other major brands are non existant. They shut down years ago.

/ RK Tractors and the average person #10  
Status
Not open for further replies.