RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #21  
My bet is, they punch the dimensions into a computer that's programed with the proper engineering program, and it spits out the volume...

SR

YUP !!!!

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #22  

My bet is, the tractors are already designed in CAD and the bucket volume (as well as its weight, surface area, and everything else) is already known, without having to punch anything in.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #23  
Volume is the amount of space occupied by a three-dimensional object as measured in cubic units (such as quarts or liters) : cubic capacity.

Volume is not associated with any material.

Surely it can be.

If you put water in a bucket there will be less Cubic [insert measure of choice] than if you put mud, dry sand, wet sand, etc in there. Look up "angle of repose".

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #24  
A bucket will definitely hold more solid material, like sand, than it will water...

SR

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #25  
Kinda like splitting hairs.
The bucket has certain dimensions, and water cannot be heaped up.
Who trundles around with their loader bucket filled with water.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #26  
I have, to water the garden... lol

Get a bucket full out of the pond, and go water the plants...

SR

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #27  
The bucket has certain dimensions, and water cannot be heaped up.

Exactly my point. My question was "What is the cubic capacity of a bucket based on?" because of this fact. If it's based on water capacity, just say so. But it seems kinda foolish because as you say, no one hauls water with their (tractor) bucket. So it would seem logical for a manufacturer to state a cubic capacity of "common material", whatever that is. But, I don't know. That's why I asked.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #28  
Exactly my point. My question was "What is the cubic capacity of a bucket based on?" because of this fact. If it's based on water capacity, just say so. But it seems kinda foolish because as you say, no one hauls water with their (tractor) bucket. So it would seem logical for a manufacturer to state a cubic capacity of "common material", whatever that is. But, I don't know. That's why I asked.

I'm pretty sure volumetric capacity of a loader bucket is calculated on THE BUCKET GEOMETRY, regardless of what may or may not be placed in said bucket. It doesn't matter if you're hauling water, gravel, or puppies. The bucket dimensions aren't going to vary, and the volume of the bucket will remain constant.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #29  
I'm pretty sure volumetric capacity of a loader bucket is calculated on THE BUCKET GEOMETRY, regardless of what may or may not be placed in said bucket. It doesn't matter if you're hauling water, gravel, or puppies. The bucket dimensions aren't going to vary, and the volume of the bucket will remain constant.

Yup!
Exactly correct!

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #30  

IOW, the maximum amount of water it can carry (?).