RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #11  
   / RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #12  
Not surprisingly, the 10.4, 11.2, and 13.8 are EXACTLY the same volumes as in the Jeff9366 initial post.
Jeff9366 also stated that HE obtained those numbers from the RK literature.
So.......what additionally have we now learned?

They are oversized for transporting gold. Or even lead.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #13  
Not surprisingly, the 10.4, 11.2, and 13.8 are EXACTLY the same volumes as in the Jeff9366 initial post.
Jeff9366 also stated that HE obtained those numbers from the RK literature.
So.......what additionally have we now learned?

What additionally have we learned? The three numbers circled in red, which were not in the original post. As well as knowing that the RK website is indeed functional. :rolleyes:

Capture.PNG

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume
First off, I'm not sure how they rate volume capacity - is that in water, dry sand, 2" crushed...???

Volume is the amount of space occupied by a three-dimensional object as measured in cubic units (such as quarts or liters) : cubic capacity.

Volume is not associated with any material.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #15  
IMHO, those are paper specs.
The end owner of each tractor will tell the real world capabilities.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #16  

Volume is calculated by using the specific inside bucket dimensions.
If the length/width/depth dimensions are accurately measured, there can be no variable in the volume calculation.
Calculate the surface area of an end plate, and multiply by the bucket length.
That is the volume, without exception!

As Jeff9366 stated: Volume has absolutely no relationship to type of material carried!

To me the question is ~~~~will 50% of RK74 purchasers desire to replace RK's standard bucket with something more voluminous?

Volume is calculated by using the specific inside bucket dimensions.
If the length/width/depth dimensions are accurately measured, there can be no variable in the volume calculation.
Calculate the surface area of an end plate, and multiply by the bucket length.

As Jeff9366 stated: Volume has absolutely no relationship to type of material carried!

I speculate the factory fills the bucket with water, then measures volume of water, or weighs water and converts water weight to bucket volume.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #19  
I speculate the factory fills the bucket with water, then measures volume of water, or weighs water and converts water weight to bucket volume.

My guess would be they just enter the dimensions of the bucket into a computer program that calculates the volume by the mathematical formula - which does not allow for "heaping" any material above the edges nor would it make any allowance for the specific weight of any particular material.

The cubic feet of capacity is "air" - since the bucket is never really empty.

/ RK Tractor FEL Lift Capacity Vs. FEL Bucket Volume #20  
My bet is, they punch the dimensions into a computer that's programed with the proper engineering program, and it spits out the volume...

SR