RK 37HC transmission capacity

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #11  
The link for the photo doesn't open for me.
img.axd.jpg

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #12  
I found the parts manual online, but didnt see one listed either. RK seems to only list the parts they are willing to sell as many were missing.

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity
I looked in there with the cap removed and it only goes back about maybe 3 inches then there's something solid there. I added the last gallon of fluid and the l;evel still isn't visible in the site glass. I'm parked on a cement driveway and I set all the tire pressures to ensure it's level. I drove it to the station to fill it with fuel and everything seems fine with the FEL, 3 point and trans. I'll probably do some digging on the TYM site and forums since they build the RK's. Thinking abouit buying a 55 gallon drum of trans oil just to show that sucker. 😬

Thanks for the interest Midniteoyl...........

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #14  
I looked in there with the cap removed and it only goes back about maybe 3 inches then there's something solid there. I added the last gallon of fluid and the l;evel still isn't visible in the site glass. I'm parked on a cement driveway and I set all the tire pressures to ensure it's level. I drove it to the station to fill it with fuel and everything seems fine with the FEL, 3 point and trans. I'll probably do some digging on the TYM site and forums since they build the RK's. Thinking abouit buying a 55 gallon drum of trans oil just to show that sucker. 😬

Thanks for the interest Midniteoyl...........
:)

I wouldn't put anymore oil in until you get some feedback from other owners. I saw one forum with a guy who claims to have found 3 'errors' in the manual so far in relation to maintenance, but never actually said what they were.

Weird on the strainer too.. Should be *something* in there.

Hope someone else chimes in.. Good luck. Let us know if you figure things out.

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #15  
I have the RK37HC Parts Catalog and it shows the location of hydraulic system strainer, that you're inquiring about, located on the lower, left-hand side of the transmission housing; as referenced from the driver's seat. See attached excerpt from Parts Catalog.

Attachments

• RK37HC Suction Strainer location.pdf
    419 KB · Views: 145
Thanks DRP........ That's what I've been looking for. From the picture in the manual I never would have guessed that it had a hose attached to it. Picture doesn't really explain a lot.

Thanks again..........

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #17  
I know this is an older post. But I have a rk37 shuttle shift and it does in fact have a strainer. It’s about 10 inches long and I even got an extra for rural king to have just in case. But mine being a shuttle and not a hydro trans it does not have a screw on type trans/hydraulic filter like your hydrostatic trans does. Maybe the hydro needs the better screw on filter?? And the shuttle doesn’t?? Idk but mine has a 1 inch pipe connected to the other end of the screen filter. That yours must not have. Because my screen filter has a hose barb sticking out of it and not like the one in the picture being pulled out with pliers. I think the manuals really suck. One place says mine holds 4 quarts of oil. Another says over 5.

Thanks Blazer......... I decided I wasn't going to lose 9 gallons of transmission oil removing the strainer for cleaning since the oil was so clean and the magnetic plug had no residue on it. I'll do another change in 100 hours or just so to be safe and will clean it at that time. I guess I could check with the rep at my local RK and see if pulling the screen allows the oil to drain out.

Thanks again.......Donm

/ RK 37HC transmission capacity #20  
Thanks Blazer......... I decided I wasn't going to lose 9 gallons of transmission oil removing the strainer for cleaning since the oil was so clean and the magnetic plug had no residue on it. I'll do another change in 100 hours or just so to be safe and will clean it at that time. I guess I could check with the rep at my local RK and see if pulling the screen allows the oil to drain out.

Thanks again.......Donm
It will definitely allow the oil to come out when filling the strainer. Unfortunately. I drained like 10 gallons and when I pulled mine still drained a lot more. But the hole for strainer leads directly in the pan where the oil is. Have a good one man.