RIP Buddy

/ RIP Buddy #1  

alexpops

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4150, CAT 303.5CR, Kubota ZD331
Dusty 12-15-07 to 9-17-22

Friendliest, sweetest tempered, most patient dog I've ever had. Buried him Saturday next to the love of his life (Vuki, a German Shepherd female he grew up with that we lost 5 years ago to cancer). He was supposed to be my wife's dog, and the GSD mine, but both worked their way into my heart the way only dogs can.

When we first brought him home & had the vet check him out, he had a lung infection, ear infection, and a juvenile cataract. My wife considered taking him back to the breeder, but, although I hadn't fully bonded yet, I knew the breeder would simply put him down, since he was the second to last of a nine pup litter & was already 3 months old when we got him. Being sick wasn't his fault, & I figured he shouldn't die simply because he took some work to love. He hated being in a car, and I attribute that to his having been returned once by someone that didn't want to bond.

At first, he was skittish, withdrawn and would get scared easily, but we figured out it was the cataract making things invisible until all of a sudden they were looming over him. I worried he'd always be that way, & we'd just have to deal with it. Boy was I wrong. About 4 weeks later, I brought home the 5 1/2 week old GSD & he instantly transformed. He gave me a look that said "For me?", then the two of them were inseperable.

I can only hope he & Vuki are playing like when they were pups & catching all the squirrels & rabbits that got away from them in life.

Dusty, my friend, I can only hope I improved your time here a fraction of how much you improved my life for the last 14 years. Let me be the man that you thought I was, & if I can do that we'll see each other again. In the mean time enjoy your time with Vuki & know you were loved &will be missed.
20190902_134817.jpg

/ RIP Buddy #4  
Peaceful Dusty.
Sorry for the loss. :(

/ RIP Buddy #5  
Amazing how close we can become with a pet. Not putting a dog on same level as God, but same letters, reverse order. Sorry for your loss and you did right in keeping him.

/ RIP Buddy #7  
Sorry for your loss. Losing a long time companion is always hard. I cried hard when I buried one of mine two years ago. Died in the utility room. I know it might be too early but go get you another puppy and start the next long term companionship.

/ RIP Buddy #8  
I grieve for you. I actually prefer the companionship of my pup over many humans. presently, he's parked between me and my wife on the floor. Soon, he'll be going to bed (he sleeps in the bedroom with us every night). Goes to be promptly at 8:30 and gets up at 7:00 Am every day. He's 8 years old and still acts like a puppy.

Dogs are great.

/ RIP Buddy #9  
Dusty and Vuki were lucky the day your paths crossed. Just as my Buddy and Ozzy and all of the ones before them. These two eat and sleep as good and comfortable as we do. Ours have provided us with years of companionship and only some very short times of sorrow. But that sorrow is as real as losing any other loved one.