Rewiring 2300tl

/ Rewiring 2300tl #1  

Anonymous Poster

Needing a bit of help on what to do with this new wiring harness that Rainbow acquired for me at a decent price..............
As stated previously, my old wiring harness looks as if it had been rebuilt previously......When I acquired the tractor the wiring harness was pretty well fried from the alternator and starter motor back to the key switch.......Why I think it had been rebuilt is because it was insulated with electrical tape instead of tubing.........so the question might be....what caused the original melt down.......
What I need help with right now is: I have gotten from some very kind members copies of schematics.......they are basically the same BUT a major difference is.........the key switch arrangement to the glow plug is different on the scematics.......one shows a 3 wire arrangement pigtailed together with one end going to terminal 17, another to terminal 61, and the other going to one side of the glowpug indicator......all of these are red and black wiring........................then a black and white wire from the glow plug indicator to the glowplugs themselves..........this is my existing setup...........
The problem is, is that I was sent another configuration showing a wire coming off of terminal 61, through the glowplug indicator, back to terminal 17 and then to the glowplugs...............
If my system has been rebuilt previously, what caused that meltdown, and now what caused this one........I want to get it right.........
Perhaps the glow plug indicator doesnt make a difference.........the wires that were totally fried were the black on terminal 30 and the white on terminal AC.....these run to the starter motor and alternator.........the black and white to the glow plug was in the same bundle so I dont know if perhaps this is where the whole short started because it was wired incorrectly at the key switch.........hope this makes sense........basically what I am doing is getting a new dash and main harness and hooking it up rather than repairing the fused bundles and connector blocks.......the connector block that connects the main harness to the dash harness with the black, white, and black and white glow plug wire are completely melted...........anyway.....any help I can get on which way to install the glow plug indicator wiring would be totally helpful.......thanks again....Dennis

/ Rewiring 2300tl #2  
Dennis, I will look at a couple on the lot this afternoon and let you know what I find.

/ Rewiring 2300tl
Buck.....thanks......any good news on the reprinting of the manual?........just got off the phone with Rainbow.....my dash wiring harness should be on its way......lolol...well to here in Georgia by the middle of the month....thanks for your help

/ Rewiring 2300tl #4  
yes the the scanning company sent it today. Should be on its way to you late this week. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Rewiring 2300tl
yea for Buck.....you are a hero....thanks.......I guess I can anticipate it about the time that I have the complete harness to install......any update on the glow plug indicator wiring on those units out in the yard?.....thanks again

/ Rewiring 2300tl #6  
As I was stumbling out of the shop last night at 12:30am I realized that I had forgotten to check that for you. Just got back from my last service call of the day (Started at 4:00am) so I will try to get to it this evening. When the sun comes out people run us into the dirt. Cant complain but I would like to see my family in the daylight sometime. Haven’t worked on a grey in weeks, nothing but broke down JD's and NH's as far as you can see from the cab of the service truck. Good thing they didn’t waste their money on a junky used import tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Rewiring 2300tl
Buck.......you just do what YOU have to do....all else happens as it is supposed to WHEN it is supposed to........just be careful and take care....would rather have you at peace with yourself and family.....THEN when you can get around to the mundane it is not a chore......THANKS for what YOU do.....take it easy