Oil & Fuel Replacement Hydraulic Filter for 3040

/ Replacement Hydraulic Filter for 3040 #1  

perks1018

Tractor
MONTANA/3040
Please help. Was draining and changing fluids (engine first, then transmission/hydraulics). Had bad bucket cylinder on my FEL rebuilt in anticipation of changing the fluids. Got the cylinder back on, went to change the hydraulic spin on filter and found that the replacement (Wix 51715) has different threads (40mmx2mm) than the filter mount. After checking the parts manual and the old filter, saw that the numbers do not match. Manual calls for part #a1823155 while the filter is #a1823132. I can't find any cross-reference to that particular part #, and the various replacements I've found on Ebay and Amazon all have the larger 40mm mounting. I can't reuse the old filter since I got water into the system (main reason for the drain and replace) and the filter element swelled up and clogged. Any ideas? I looked into replacing the whole suction line assembly and upgrade it to the 40mm filter, but can't find any parts available. Tractor is down for the count unless I can replace this filter.

/ Replacement Hydraulic Filter for 3040 #2  
Try WIX 51536

When I was doing the first oil change I looked on the internet and found a PDF that lists the Hyd filter as

A1823132
WIX - 51536
Donaldson P552452
Luber-Finer LFH4386

So I bought the 51536 and on my tractor it didn't fit, mine uses a WIX 51715, but maybe it will for yours? Please investigate before buying because they are not cheep.

good luck
Gary