Replaced starter still issues

/ Replaced starter still issues #1  

KiotiLK3054

Tractor
Kioti LK3054
So I thought my starter motor packed up, I replaced it with a new one, but the tractor still failing to start. I can hear the starter turning but its not turning the motor. Any ideas?

Listen to attached video.

Regards

Jacques

/ Replaced starter still issues #2  
Is the motor locked up in some way? Can you leave in a high gear and rock the tractor back and forth to turn the motor?

All cable connections are clean and tight from the battery to the starter?
Battery is in good shape?
When not bolted to the tractor, does the starter run ok?

/ Replaced starter still issues
Battery seems good, starter is turning, its a new starter I just installed, seems the old one was fine, both turn fine.

I towed the tractor with my truck to get the motor to turn, but still no luck.

I noticed that on the clutch there is this contact, which does not make contact, not sure what it is?

Attachments

• PXL_20230929_184552616.jpg
    PXL_20230929_184552616.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20230929_184547979.jpg
    PXL_20230929_184547979.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
   / Replaced starter still issues #4  
Looks like a switch to make sure that the clutch is disengaged so that the tractor is not started in gear?
So when you pulled it with the truck, did the motor turn?

/ Replaced starter still issues
The motor seemed to turn, I had it in gear and out of gear and the wheels did not lock.

/ Replaced starter still issues #6  
Is there any corrosion inside the cable terminals (where the lugs are crimped) that could reduce the battery current to the starter?
Looking at the video, it looks like the starter is engaged and trying to turn the motor, but is not getting enough current.

/ Replaced starter still issues #7  
Another thing to try is jumpering an additional battery or charger in case the battery is weak

/ Replaced starter still issues #8  
Another thing to try is jumpering an additional battery or charger in case the battery is weak
Check the Bendix drive gear on the new starter and male sure the tooth count matches the original. If the tooth count is different, it will not be able to properly engage the flywheel.

/ Replaced starter still issues #9  
So I thought my starter motor packed up, I replaced it with a new one, but the tractor still failing to start. I can hear the starter turning but its not turning the motor. Any ideas?

Listen to attached video.

Regards

Jacques

Remove the starter. Bench test it to confirm the bendix is kicking out. Look for witness marks from the flywheel on the starter's gear to confirm you have the right tooth contact.

If your hots are tight, to me it sounds like your ground stinks or you have a weak battery.

/ Replaced starter still issues #10  
Did you load test the battery? Just checking battery voltage doesnt cut it. You need to load a battery to 50% of its max cold cranking amps for 20 seconds and watch voltage.