recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ?

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #41  
Don't know that I've seen the question asked but any particular reason you want one you carry instead of one that rolls? Older I get the less I like to tote stuff.....

That said I've got one of these that's giving good service. I personally like mechanical things to be lubricated....

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #42  
I suspect the newer oil free compressors have greatly improved over what they were years ago.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #43  
I bought a California Air compressor from Amazon. It is powerful and very quiet. Also have a very quiet compressor from Harbor Freight which is very good.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #44  
I bought one of these ultra-quiet portable compressors a couple of years ago and am pleased with my purchase

It is very quiet, very fast recharge times, good CFM - can fill tires, run air tools no problem. On the negative side it's heavy to lug around but it won't fall over if you reach the end of your hose.

Replaced an older Campbell-Hausfield POS noisy pump unit that screamed 110db during operation every 10 seconds for 5 minutes at a time and struggled to keep up with a finishing air nailer. Deafening when used in a house.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #45  
My big ( and very old) air compressor spits out a small amount of crankcase oil, which ruined a couple of paint jobs. I had to restrict it to nail guns and other uses. I wound up buying two 6 gal. Harbor Freight oilless diaphram compressors, and hooking them up in parallel . Together, they can run a spray gun , or by disconnecting one I can use it as a portable compressor. Having bought them on sale, my investment was low. I'm also careful not to use old air hoses for painting use, as they can contain some oil from the old compressor. I do recommend that the HF compressors be used with an inline air filter , as the 6 gal. tanks have a lot of welding crud inside of them.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #46  
I had a Chinese compressor that I had to park when the planes hit the towers. That very day. Had it in an aisle between shelves in my shop. My Porter Cable recently went out. Cylinder was bad. Got the Chinese one out, maybe I could use it. Amazingly it did work, but, I noticed it was just like PC beside it. Took piston and cylinder head off Chinese and bolted right on PC. Bought all my compressors at harbor freight since that very moment.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ?
Thank you guys...I will probably be picking out one very soon....really appreciate the feedback !!

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #48  
If you're dead set on a pancake comp, and you are OK with its limitations and happy with it's portability, a Craftsman is a safe choice. I bought one back in the early 1990s and it's still working-- at a relatives house!

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ?
If you're dead set on a pancake comp, and you are OK with its limitations and happy with it's portability, a Craftsman is a safe choice. I bought one back in the early 1990s and it's still working-- at a relatives house!
A pancake was my initial thought. However, I am still open to the best solution. Also, what was made in the 90's is a far cry from what is being made today. Technology has indeed increased, but quality plummeted and planned obsolescence increased. Therefore, looking for anything that will last we proper care....thanks

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #50  
A pancake was my initial thought. However, I am still open to the best solution. Also, what was made in the 90's is a far cry from what is being made today. Technology has indeed increased, but quality plummeted and planned obsolescence increased. Therefore, looking for anything that will last we proper care....thanks
Then RolAir or Jenny are your best options.