recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ?

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #31  
Try this one.
I have a decent sized compressor in my shop, but it is 220V only and too big to lug around. My 30 year old Makita 2 gal. oilless is about to quit so I bought one of these, (reconditioned for $130.00) mostly due to the light weight. It works very well for the stapler, bradnailer and nail gun, is extremely quiet and so easy to lug around, both at home and to my rental condos.. I love it. You might consider buying two compressors, in different sizes.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #32  
Hello to all and Merry CHRISTmas,

My 15 gal and prob 20 yr old porter cable compressor is almost ready for the graveyard. Can you pls tell me what pancake compressor [one's they sell today] are the most reliable and versatile? I have a PC framing nail-gun that I use from time to time, do not have a paint spray gun...It's primary use will be for filling tires on tractors, trailers, 4 wheelers, hosing down dirty engines and things, etc. and filling a portable air tank. My usage frequencies varies but it seems like I am filing one or two of 20-30 diff sets of tires, so it's never idle for long periods. I mostly fill a portable air tank to go to the tire source(s).

I received an HD gift certificate so just in time.

Thank you in advance and pls let me know if you have any questions.
No. I have a Porter Cable pancake, and it worked fine for years, but where the regulator and hose connections come out is kind of exposed, and I'm not exactly the most careful guy, so over the years with constant banging around etc. the regulator now leaks and I can only get up to about 75 psi, plus of course it runs almost constantly because the air keeps leaking out. Still good enough for finish nailing though. What I've seen other guys use for mini compressors is kind of like 2 air tanks stacked vertically and then a big handle up over the top which I assume also provides mechanical protection. I would check into those over the pancake style.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #33  
Hello to all and Merry CHRISTmas,

My 15 gal and prob 20 yr old porter cable compressor is almost ready for the graveyard. Can you pls tell me what pancake compressor [one's they sell today] are the most reliable and versatile? I have a PC framing nail-gun that I use from time to time, do not have a paint spray gun...It's primary use will be for filling tires on tractors, trailers, 4 wheelers, hosing down dirty engines and things, etc. and filling a portable air tank. My usage frequencies varies but it seems like I am filing one or two of 20-30 diff sets of tires, so it's never idle for long periods. I mostly fill a portable air tank to go to the tire source(s).

I received an HD gift certificate so just in time.

Thank you in advance and pls let me know if you have any questions.
A Jenny or a Rol-Air will provide long, trouble free service.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #36  
I have a 26 year old oil-free 30 gallon compressor which works fine, with only the pressure switch and regulator requiring replacement after all those years. Plus a smaller jobsite DeWalt I can move to where I need air, like into the house for a trim nailer... If my big compressor, in the shop, died, I think I'd probably get something a bit larger, since air tools, which I seldom use, but still appreciate, require serious air. A good tank drain valve, which you use, is key to a long life.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #37  
My usage frequencies varies but it seems like I am filing one or two of 20-30 diff sets of tires, so it's never idle for long periods. I mostly fill a portable air tank to go to the tire source(s).
Rolair has a nice portable unit with a Honda engine that would handle almost any need in the field.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #38  
Deere has a really neat compressor- generator combo unit.

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #39  
Get a Pacific Air low noise compressor and you will never look back. No noise and phenomenal performance, I have 3 or 4 older noisy compressors around. I bought a Pacific Air about 6 months ago for the shop. Amazing is all I can say! Almost no noise..

/ recommendations on new air compressor, pancake Y or N ? #40  
Selecting the compressor that suits your specific needs can be a difficult task. Not only do you need pressure but you need to decide how many CFM you need.
If you use a sandblaster you absolutely know CFM at PSI is critical and tank size is rather irrelevant as you will use the tank capacity pretty darn quickly and the compressor kicks on and does everything. Blow nozzle to clean stuff? Once the tank runs down it is ALL pump CFM @ PSI . A little tiny pump on a 60 gallon tank will disappoint you after maybe less than a minute blowing stuff off.
If you only plan to fill a tire, nearly anything will work.
I have four compressors, each filling a particular niche.