Rotary Cutter Recommend A New Rotary Cutter

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
Let me start out by saying that I have a John Deere 750 compact tractor. I mow about 4 acres of open woods that is mostly hilly. I just sold a 5ft Lowery (LMC) Andy 500. My tractor had enough power to turn the blades, but the hitch could only lift it about 10in of the ground. Then the weight moving side to side on the hills bent my stabilizer pins and the arms started getting in the tires. I'm thinking it was just too heavy for my tractor.

Should I move down to a 4ft? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #2  
I used to operate same JD750. Used a King Kutter 48" Standard Duty Rotary Cutter just fine. Good match to power, weight and hitch of tractor.

The JD750 is gone.

I am pulling same KK RC behind my Kubota B3300SU.

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter
The King Kutter I'm looking at is the KB 4ft. A local store has one for $790 and I'm hoping they'll come down on the price for some paint fade and rust. It has 2 caster wheels on the back. Is that a plus or minus?

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #4  
   / Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #5  
   / Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #6  
I mowed with a 4-ft King Kutter brush hog on my 2005 Kubota B7510HST, which is about the same weight and hp as your JD. No problems lifting that mower, no problems with the stabilizers.

Good luck.

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #8  
The King Kutter I'm looking at is the KB 4ft. A local store has one for $790 and I'm hoping they'll come down on the price for some paint fade and rust. It has 2 caster wheels on the back. Is that a plus or minus?

Well a little bit of both, but less so in a 48" cutter. I use both types and the dual wheels will follow terrain a bit better, but is easier to clip stuff in a tight area when turning. I use a 48" Land Pride single tail wheel with slip clutch and it works fine; my brother mostly uses LMC or KK and just buys a new one every few years as he has to leave his outside.

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #9  
My brother in law just sold a JD 750 with a 4 foot JD bush hog. It handled it very well as long as you had a full set of suitcase weights on the front, otherwise the front end came off the ground every time you release the clutch.

/ Recommend A New Rotary Cutter #10  
are you using sway chains on the lower lift arms?. I can't see the cutter hitting the tires using sway chains. I run a LMC 5 ft cutter LMC is made in AL. I didn't know they sold them every where I do agree , with that tractor you need a 4 ft cutter