Rear three point settles

/ Rear three point settles #1  

sengli

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HSC
So on my last tractor the rear three point would just stay where I left it, no matter how long it sat. My new 55RK, the rear three point , after a day or so settles hydraulically and is all the way down no matter if the implement is on or not? Should I be concerned seeing its only three months old.

So I called my rural king and spoke with my tractor guy there about this issue. He seemed to think it was normal. He said all of the new ones he has left on the lot , are doing the same thing. Having another tractor previously, I am not so sure about that answer.

Last edited:
   / Rear three point settles #2  
I don't have mine yet. But in my other tractor experience, hst machines are less good at keeping parked Hydraulics in place. Significant temperature changes can cause hydraulics to move.

For safety, It's generally recommended to leave all raise-able parts lowered to the ground or blocked when unpowered.

/ Rear three point settles #3  
So on my last tractor the rear three point would just stay where I left it, no matter how long it sat. My new 55RK, the rear three point , after a day or so settles hydraulically and is all the way down no matter if the implement is on or not? Should I be concerned seeing its only three months old.

My HST Massey Ferguson 3-pt settled when not under power, and my RK-55HC settles as well. Not a big deal in my opinion. I leave everything down when it's parked anyway.

/ Rear three point settles
I always have done that with the FEL, but the rear three point quite often for me anyway, doesnt have an implement on it when parked in my pole barn. So there is no real weight on the rear three point to add weight to drag it down. My bobcat HST tranny equipped unit, quite often had a 5' rotary mower deck, which is heavy...and it held its own for the 10 years I owned it.

/ Rear three point settles #5  
My guess is that the seals on the 3 pt cylinder piston may have got damaged during the assembly process. It happens quite often actually.

If you set the 3 pt lever at max height, it should sit there with minimal leakage.

There is a knob under the seat that adjust the speed the 3pt lowers and can lock it in place too. You can fully close that knob, put the 3pt at max height and see if it will drop as well.

If it drops, most likely will be the seals on the piston. If it doesn't drop, it could be something related to the position control valve.

Anyways, 3 months old, it's still under warranty, so it may be time to contact the dealer and make him aware of the situation.

/ Rear three point settles
Well figured out the valve that controls the three point speed was opened all the way. Closed it almost all the way now, and the three point stays up now on its own after the tractor is shut off.