Rear snowblower storage advice ?

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #1  

Cycledude

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
Have rear 3 point blower that I’m considering building sort of a pallet with wheels to store it on during the off season when not needed. I got the idea from reading about it on Tractor by Net but would love to see some pictures of the completed project. Seems like most have used dolly’s like these from Harbor Freight Harbor Freight Tools – Quality Tools at Discount Prices Since 1977 , believe my local Tractor supply store carries the same dolly’s for about the same price. Being on wheels would make it much easier to move around on the concrete floor. So if you have ever built something like this I would be very interested to hear any tips-advice you might have. Thank you very much .

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #2  
The larger diameter the wheels, the better it rolls, all else being =.
Use hardwood, or enough 2x4s.
For concrete, use a Hard tire/wheel; soft compound harder to roll.
Make it big enough; those HF ones look too small.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #3  
I have a 4 wheeled dolly for my chipper, it works fine. The blower gets greased and sits outside on a concrete pad on wood blocks until next fall.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #4  
When I got my woodmax 60" it came in a steel frame which I added 5" casters, also using same frame made one for my BH to sit on. Easy to roll around and fit up - here's a pic of the BH dolly.
BH Dolly.JPG

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #5  
I used 2 Harbor freight dollies and screwed 1x4's over the top of them to make one solid 6' dollie. Works great for my blower.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ?
Well yesterday I removed the snowblower and stored it on concrete floor alongside a wall inside the barn same as always, a pallet with wheels would be great but I’m just not sure how to build it.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #7  
I doesn't see big sense to screw casters for all pallets you use. IMHO much better is to use pallet trolley
pt.jpg

There is "offroad" PT version
ptt.jpg

In case you don't want to invest in such thing, you can make wheels set
rat.jpg

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #8  
I use a pallet jack from Harbor Freight. Put the blower on a pallet and move the blower around anywhere in my shop. Better than jockeying the tractor into tight areas.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #9  
I've swtched to pallet racks. It'a easier to go up as floor space is at a premium.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #10  
Ah - first you must have a hard floor. I don't have such. My blower sat on a pallet in one bay of my carport. Worked fine. Back up and drop it - back up and hook up.