Rear hydraulics

/ Rear hydraulics #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
I just bought a Branson 3510 w/FEL and other implements, but it has no rear hydraulics. Has anyone added a rear wet hookup? I'm an above average wrench turner, so that's no problem.

/ Rear hydraulics #2  
Does your FEL have a PB port on the valve?

/ Rear hydraulics #4  
I added rear remotes and then got the electric solinoid kit to make it a double, very easy to do, I think they make a dual at this time, when I did mine there was only a single available, or maybe that was all my dealer had? I use it for top and tilt, very nice!! I will look to see if I have a pic.

/ Rear hydraulics #5  
Here are pics of my 3510. I needed power for an after market backhoe. I put a relief valve in the circuit for protection. The total cost was under $100.
I keep the lines connected to each other when not connected to hoe.
A third pic dosen't show but if you click on the link under the others it is there.

Attachments

• 000_0652.jpg
    000_0652.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 349
  • 000_0654.jpg
    000_0654.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 314
   / Rear hydraulics #6  
Up high on the right hand side of the rear axle there are two ports connected by a couple of banjo bolts with maybe an inch of steel pipe between them.
It is my UNDERSTANDING that this is immediately after the pump, in some ways you can think of it as "power before" (contrasted to "power beyond").
They are 20 1.5 metric and right now I am not remembering which is out and which is return, I can get that info together before you can get parts together (-:
This is where I tapped into my hydraulic system and took the hoses up to a ROPS mounted Prince 4 set-up.

Sure, it means reaching up and back over my right shoulder, but I am half cranked around in the seat watching 3pt implements most of the time anyway, so it is almost a natural position for adjusting a hydraulic top link or top and tilt, same with the hydraulic shift on the flail mower.
I often think of bringing it down and mounting it on the fender, but every time I think about that it seems my elbow would be on/in the levers when running the loader's joystick.

/ Rear hydraulics #7  
Up high on the right hand side of the rear axle there are two ports connected by a couple of banjo bolts with maybe an inch of steel pipe between them.
It is my UNDERSTANDING that this is immediately after the pump, in some ways you can think of it as "power before" (contrasted to "power beyond").
They are 20 1.5 metric and right now I am not remembering which is out and which is return, I can get that info together before you can get parts together (-:
This is where I tapped into my hydraulic system and took the hoses up to a ROPS mounted Prince 4 set-up.

Sure, it means reaching up and back over my right shoulder, but I am half cranked around in the seat watching 3pt implements most of the time anyway, so it is almost a natural position for adjusting a hydraulic top link or top and tilt, same with the hydraulic shift on the flail mower.
I often think of bringing it down and mounting it on the fender, but every time I think about that it seems my elbow would be on/in the levers when running the loader's joystick.

I would like to see a pic of this set up, I have been thinking of doing something similar.
Thanks

/ Rear hydraulics #8  
Does your FEL have a PB port on the valve?

what are the options for adding remotes if you do have power beyond (vs. that described above, which is pretty straightforward).

also, reg, did you happen to find that bolt/adapter size? have a picture?

/ Rear hydraulics #9  
If using an open center system, all valves are in series. A PB port allows one to add additional valves in series With open center, the fluid is flowing through all the valves and back to tank, with no or little pressure. When any valve is activated, that valve will interrupt the fluid flow and send it to a cylinder/cylinders or hyd motors, and the used fluid will return to tank.

/ Rear hydraulics #10  
so if i understand correctly, PB hose becomes the supply for one additional remote? do you just splice the new return hose into an existing return line with the proper fittings? how is the remote circuit controlled with the joystick on the valve, or is something else needed?

i am thinking of adding a grapple, and need a set of remotes on my loader boom. unfortunately that is about the all i know. :eek:

-matt