Snow Attachments Rear Blade Rubber

/ Rear Blade Rubber #1  

Fine409

Tractor
RK37 Hydro Cab
I just got my new tractor today and I got a rear blade for grading and snow removal. It has a detachable/replaceable edge. I want to know if there is a hard rubber blade edge for blacktop roads. It seems the sharp steel edge may damage the asphalt.

/ Rear Blade Rubber #2  
Their are several options. A lot of folks make their own out of horse mats, pipe or buy a commercial product. A lot of folks simply spin the blade backwards and run it that way.
Are you in an area that has a layer of snow/ice on the ground all winter or an area that has freeze thaw all winter and the roads are clear down to asphalt between storms?

/ Rear Blade Rubber
I am in southern Ohio so We get occasional heavy snow. Most of it is 1 to 2 inches and easily removed. I’ve asked the expert on my tractor brand if it has a float option on the three-point on the rear. If it does, that would solve the problem. If it does not, then I don’t want to dig up the asphalt.

/ Rear Blade Rubber
BTW, I forgot my manners. Thanks for your response.

/ Rear Blade Rubber #5  
I am in southern Ohio so We get occasional heavy snow. Most of it is 1 to 2 inches and easily removed. I’ve asked the expert on my tractor brand if it has a float option on the three-point on the rear. If it does, that would solve the problem. If it does not, then I don’t want to dig up the asphalt.

All three-point hitches float automatically (with the possible exception of very large Ag tractors that have options for down force on the 3PH).

/ Rear Blade Rubber
I’m new to this so thank you. That would solve my problem, right?

/ Rear Blade Rubber
I forgot to mention that mine is a RK37 Compact.

/ Rear Blade Rubber #8  
We cut a strip from a used tire and sandwiched it between the blade and the removable cutting edge for a tractor at work. It is the tread portion of the tire and is much more durable than a cow mat. only cost is labor. The guys love it because the exposed rubber bends out of the way when the blade goes over lumps and bumps.

/ Rear Blade Rubber
Well that’s a good idea. I’ll certainly take that as an option. I really appreciate your input.

/ Rear Blade Rubber #10  
I used a light duty 7’ rear blade with steel edge for years without damaging asphalt. It did leave light marks that disappeared in the summer though. 2 years ago I upgraded to a heavier hydraulic angling blade that marked up pavement more than I liked, so I installed a polyurethane cutting edge, which works very well. I used 1 1/2” thick poly, which in hindsight was probably over-kill. 1” would have been adequate for my 400 lb blade.
The disadvantage to poly is the price...