Real questions that you would like to get an answer…

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #41  
Having lived through so many bans/scares/panics I'd figure out what you think you use in a year, add 10% and multiply that by four years. So if you use 50 rounds a year, that's ~220 rounds.
Not a bad baseline...

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #43  
Bear Bangers and Launchers

Scare cartridges (bangers, flares and whistling screamers) are practical, inexpensive, easy-to-use and very effective bear deterrents. They can be fired from pen launchers or pistols. Both systems are highly effective, so the system you choose is simply a matter of personal choice.
Where can we buy those bangers & launchers?

I shopped for some for a shotgun, pistol and revolver but no body stocked them.

As a added bonus, after inquiring about them, the shop keepers looked at me in judgment as if I was some kind of weirdo. They wanted to know why I wanted them.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #45  

Bruce

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #46  
Would you really shoot a bear with a pellet gun? I am by no means a bear expert, but that would seem to just make the bear unhappy.
probably not :), the bear banger worked and the dog is on point
due to the local wildfires, the flare bangers were restricted
the banger was louder than any shotgun I've heard or fired

Last edited:
   / Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #47  
zero, zero and zero rounds. The odds of an armed break-in are less than 1 percent. Most armed invasions are are committed by someone the owner knows and usually happen during the day when no one is home.

if by chance your house is chosen and gun play happens, it will be over in seconds. If by chance you have a gun in your hands when it happens, pray it isn't plain clothed cops with the wrong address.
There does seem to be an uptick where I live with almost daily reports of home and business armed intruders.

Here is one from the neighborhood that went National.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #48  
There does seem to be an uptick where I live with almost daily reports of home and business armed intruders.

Here is one from the neighborhood that went National.

Apparently everybody had blanks in their guns since no one was injured.

/ Real questions that you would like to get an answer… #49  
Minimums? A box of each. We don't have as much as many here. 9mm and 380 (his and hers), 22lr for varmints, 22-250, for somewhat bigger varmints, 2 X 12g, .177 pellet for city varmints. Shotguns and sidearms are for home defense. I keep a vest loaded with spares. Easy to grab and slip on.

Like many said above, you really need more for practice and the 'what if'. Strictly for the break-in? A box or less.