reading a dial caliper

/ reading a dial caliper #12  
Yup! +/- .003 accuracy

It’s honestly probably .010 bigger. If you look close you can see that the right side is being held off because it’s not in the pipe straight.

/ reading a dial caliper #14  
I use a caliper so rusty and old that I don't even try the numbers. I just hold the calipers against a known good measuring tape. But I'm in Arkansas, y'all probably expect that from me.

/ reading a dial caliper
lol folks I just need to make sure i wasn't off by multitudes, after staring at the dial more I understand it better. we have 3 mm buffer, we don't need it that perfect ty.

/ reading a dial caliper #17  
I have done a lot of quality work over the years, working with drawings, specifications etc. There is a new geometric symbol being used on drawings now. It was issued by the SAE early this year. So I just want to make every one aware of this addition. It is a tolerance symbol where as the dimension must be right on, with out deviation, perfect, got it. It's called " Dead Nuts " See attached.

20230227_095936_resized.jpg

/ reading a dial caliper #18  
I have done a lot of quality work over the years, working with drawings, specifications etc. There is a new geometric symbol being used on drawings now. It was issued by the SAE early this year. So I just want to make every one aware of this addition. It is a tolerance symbol where as the dimension must be right on, with out deviation, perfect, got it. It's called " Dead Nuts " See attached.

View attachment 785937
Is that NY DN or AR DN ? ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ reading a dial caliper #19  

View attachment 785937
I can’t begin to tell you how many times over my career I had a customer ask me “tolerance?” “Can’t you just make it perfect?” My reply was always “sure I can, but each move of the decimal point to the left increases the cost by a factor of 10. How close do you want it?”

/ reading a dial caliper #20  
lol folks I just need to make sure i wasn't off by multitudes, after staring at the dial more I understand it better. we have 3 mm buffer, we don't need it that perfect ty.
Hwwwat?!! Heresy, I can't even...I bet as a kid, your room was quite messy.