reading a dial caliper

/ reading a dial caliper #91  
I've read that the calipers that have batteries that die often never turn off the measuring function, only the display.

Bruce

/ reading a dial caliper #92  
I've read that the calipers that have batteries that die often never turn off the measuring function, only the display.

Bruce
That is why if I can, I avoid battery powered tools. Every time i need it, battery's are old and it doesn't work.

/ reading a dial caliper #93  
Mine does that, a cheap set. I don't use them a lot and have to remember to take the battery out when I put it away.

/ reading a dial caliper #94  
Harbor Freight digital dial calipers eat a battery every month whether used or not.

A Mitutoyo will go for years of heavy use on a single battery.

/ reading a dial caliper #96  
I have two of the HF calipers. The older one still has its original battery. Probably 5 years or better. The newer one eats them like candy.

/ reading a dial caliper #97  
You think a dial caliper is old school? How about a vernier caliper?
read my post number 63... I still have and use my dad's K&E slide rule quite a bit. Has Ivory overlaid on Mahogany wood. I even have the hard case for it. No batteries needed.

/ reading a dial caliper #98  
You think a dial caliper is old school? How about a vernier caliper?
Still a valuable instrument. We had a digital height gage when I worked at the shop and people were constantly borrowing it. I requested a new one but with the vernier scale. Problem solved