Re-powered Terramite

/ Re-powered Terramite #12  
I'm late to this thread. I have a T5C that was repowered by the PO with a Honda V-twin. Haven't used it extensively (actually needs a good going through after sitting for a while at this point) but it seemed to have adequate power. Here is my question, though. Given that everything on the T5C is hydraulic, including the drive system, is increading the HP of the engine powering the pump really going to materially increase the power at the loader or backhoe, or over the ground speed? Isn't there some limitation imposed by the main pump? I can see a potential improvement in recovery time.

/ Re-powered Terramite #13  
That engine is a great match for the machine. And very fuel efficient. I have repowered a couple of machines with them. Change the filters all around.

To answer your question, a switch to diesel would gain more bite before a stall but the Hydraulics limit the power by the relief valve that keeps hoses from breaking and rods from bending... Get good At small bites

/ Re-powered Terramite #14  
I pretty much have only "small bite" jobs for the T5 to do. In fact, I'd love to find a narrower backhoe bucket, as I have a lot of road drainage ditch clearing work. I seem to recall that Terramite had a 9" bucket option, but I'd bet those are rarer than hen's teeth. I've consider trying to see if a mould-board plow could be used or modified somehow to "turn" debris up and out of the ditches. I will also note that prior to my purchase of the T5C I had rented a T7 diesel to do some jobs at my site, and it was pretty impressive in moving some not-so-small bite boulders using the hoe. Don't know if it was the diesel or the higher capacity pump...

/ Re-powered Terramite #15  
Titan attachments at palletfirks.com has decent buckets. Haven't tried one on a terramite yet but use them on two others... Fine. The teeth are removable for cleanup work. I also use their Ditch bucket... Great. Check the scratch and dent section.

/ Re-powered Terramite #17  
I have a repowered allmand 25k which use to have a Koehler 25hp. Previous owner burned up the original motor when an employee tipped the tractor over. His choice for replacement was a harbor freight predator 670cc 22hp. It was a slap it in for cheap and get it to be driveable kind of repower just to be able to sell it. Very poorly done. After I purchased it I had no hope for the knockoff engine he chose so I used it for a year with no throttle, choke or ignition hooked up to the dash of the tractor. Instead it was just a key switch and throttle zip tied to the side of the engine just like how they have them on the shelf at harbor freight. 3 years later and I have a few hundred hours on it and have done full yard renovations, filled in in ground pools, and use it in temps from 0 to 100 degrees and it always has had enough power. Only basic maintenance along the way. Best part is if it blows the engine, for under $800 I could drop a new one in. I’m not crazy so I wouldn’t go as far as to recommend someone to buy a predator engine from harbor freight, but that is my experience thus far. And adaptors to Koehler engines are available online.