rattleing engine

/ rattleing engine #11  
Without hearing it, it just going to be guesses.....
Diesels rattle. Starting cold, a small puff of smoke is normal. Sputtering is normal until all cylinders fire, especially when cold.

/ rattleing engine
Without hearing it, it just going to be guesses.....
Diesels rattle. Starting cold, a small puff of smoke is normal. Sputtering is normal until all cylinders fire, especially when cold.
i understand what your saying. i've heard other engines making same clattering. but i friend has a 3120. his don't do any of that. also i'm around a mahindra, and kubota. and there's don't have any of these issues. so i'm not gonna let it go, when i get the time. i'm gonna try moving the timing a little and see what happens.

/ rattleing engine #13  
Perly, any follow up on the rattle ?

Did you find a cure?

/ rattleing engine #14  
I have a 2018 3015R and the engine noise is quite significant as well. It is a little unnerving at times, but with 255 hours it has been rock solid. So I am rolling with it.

/ rattleing engine #15  
My 3620H has had this same engine rattle since day 1 when I purchased new and currently have 200hrs with no change to sound. Ive also spent time searching for answers/explanations as to if it is "normal" and so far the answers have been very similar to the responses in this thread. The one time I had it back to the dealer for a warranty water pump replacement, the mechanic said it was just like all the others they have sold. I have read some ambitious owners have dug into timing and valve clearances with limited results so for now I'm just monitoring info and using it as hard as needed.

/ rattleing engine #16  
My 4520R sounds like it's going to fly apart at any moment. Has since the day I got it. Now nearly 200 hours in and still runs great. Just noisy as hell. B.

/ rattleing engine #18  
My 4520R sounds like a bucket of chestnuts with a microphone inside.
It sure runs good and does everything I need it to do. Heck, I even wax it once a year..

/ rattleing engine #19  
Compression may be exceptionally high: Carbon from a lot of idling. Put the thing to work to burn it off. Or timing: it's basically 'knocking'.

/ rattleing engine #20  
I have a 2515R with a knocking noise that was there from day one. However, I did not discover it until I had the tractor home and put it to work with a brush hog mower. Then I needed to up the rpm to PTO range and at around 1700 RPM the noise was very noticeable. I plan to address it at some point, but my dealer was a satellite of company in Oregon and folded up shop a year ago - so no help there. I did find this uTube with the identical noise on a 3520H that the owner was able to resolve. He got permission from his dealer (still under warranty) to pull the valve cover and check/adjust valve clearance. He found one valve cap loose in the head! He fixed that and adjusted the valves - noise is gone. Nice video:

I plan on pulling the valve cover when the weather is warmer and the tractor is idle. Yes, I still have a year+ of warranty left, but no dealer nearby, so I'll fix it myself. If that fails to fix it then I'll check timing. Hope this helps.