Rain on a tin roof

/ Rain on a tin roof #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I'm not a fan of metal roofing but last fall I covered my front steps with a couple of unused sheets I had picked up at the dump. It's been dry here lately and the first thing I'm doing tomorrow is water what plants I have in the ground.
Or maybe not... we just had a nice shower and it was rather enjoyable listening to the rain come down.

/ Rain on a tin roof #2  
As a young teenager I liked to go out to the corncrib during a heavy rain and listen to it. And it was a good time to smoke cuz the rain kept everyone else inside the house.

/ Rain on a tin roof #3  
Down here in Tassie a 'metal' roof (the most common is "Colorbond" ((yes, without the 'u'))) is practically the norm. It's what I have and the sound of rain on the roof is, indeed, a wonderful sound.:)

The further North you go, where it starts to get warmer, it somewhat shifts to terracotta tiles.

No one uses your 'tar paper' shingles.

/ Rain on a tin roof #4  
Nothing as soothing to me as the sound of rain on a tin roof. Learned to love it as a kid after my Dad put a metal roof on our barn.

/ Rain on a tin roof #5  
One of my concerns when putting a steel roof on my house about 5 years ago was the noise when raining. Apparently I have enough insulation in the attic because it is not much different than the previous asphalt shingles.

/ Rain on a tin roof #6  
Parents house was tin roof and heavy down pour ground has least 1" rut,folk had gutter install it help but heavy down pour just too much water at once.

/ Rain on a tin roof #7  
I have heavy duty asphalt shingles on the house. Asphalt shingles plus very thick rigid foam roof insulation makes our rains a non-plus. But I can enjoy the rain on the galvy steel roof on my four bay carport. Go out on the porch - can hear that rain on the carport - clear across the yard.

/ Rain on a tin roof #8  
We have a sun roof with a very thin roof and you can hear even the lightest rain in it. When it is raining, I open the windows from the house to the sunroom so I can hear it from inside the house, regardless of the temperature.

Nothing like rain on the roof, especially when it is a much needed rain. Not so much when you're already swamped and too much rain is destroying crops.

/ Rain on a tin roof #9  
I have a tin roof. It gets annoying in a thunderstorm when trying to watch a movie on TV. Apart from that I love it.

Checked my trailcam this morning and found a short vid. He survived but at least got a good boot.

/ Rain on a tin roof #10  
Not the rain I worry about, it's the cat in Summer.