People are fickle

/ People are fickle #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
We've had an excessively cool, wet summer so far. In June there were only 3 days without measurable rainfall, and very few more than that where we saw sun, or even temps over 70. We've also had showers every day so far this month.
Today it finally got warm for the region; mid 80s and humid... go figure, after all of the rain. I didn't think much about it, just packed extra water and went to work. I did go back to the truck at midday and leave my dog there with the AC blasting,
RugerPuddle.jpeg
then I changed into a dry shirt and went back out again. I got back to the truck and headed down the road about 10 minutes before a thunderstorm moved in, which cooled things down nicely.
The radio station I was listening to has a "rock block" at 3:30 where the DJ picks a theme, and people request songs that go with it. Today's theme was about heat, and when people requested a song he would start complaining about how hot it was.

I had a bad spell right there in the truck. For 5 weeks or longer we've been complaining about the rain; we finally get one day of summer-like weather and people are already bitching. While I like cool weather I also understand it's summer. A lot of crops need the warm weather, and many people depend on outdoor activities for their income. It's like they don't realize where the food on their table comes from.

We're doomed!

/ People are fickle #2  
Those certain few b...h wanting winter in summer than summer mid winter,but it really doesn't sink into the head we all go thru it each year.

/ People are fickle #3  
Only thing I complain about is the humidity in the summer and wind in the winter. Heat and cold don't bother me.

Can't do anything about either.

/ People are fickle #4  
Heat, cold, wind, humidity don't bother me...

When I read about it somewhere else.

Bruce

/ People are fickle #5  
Brother - could we ever use some rain around here. Cold and dry at night - hot and dry during the day. The PNW is having an early wildfire season. I packed my "boogie bag" and put it in the Taco wagon last week.

/ People are fickle #6  
Brother - could we ever use some rain around here. Cold and dry at night - hot and dry during the day. The PNW is having an early wildfire season. I packed my "boogie bag" and put it in the Taco wagon last week.
We have all the rain you possibly want. :rolleyes:

/ People are fickle #8  
The radio station I was listening to has a "rock block" at 3:30 where the DJ picks a theme, and people request songs that go with it. Today's theme was about heat, and when people requested a song he would start complaining about how hot it was.

I had a bad spell right there in the truck. For 5 weeks or longer we've been complaining about the rain; we finally get one day of summer-like weather and people are already bitching.
Well, can't really blame 'em too much going from cool, clammy weather to mid 80s with high humidity. Kind of one extreme to another, both equally unpleasant. Makes me glad I'm mostly retired and don't have to work outside in this if I don't want to.

/ People are fickle
Well, can't really blame 'em too much going from cool, clammy weather to mid 80s with high humidity. Kind of one extreme to another, both equally unpleasant. Makes me glad I'm mostly retired and don't have to work outside in this if I don't want to.
When you work outside for as long as I have you learn to suck it up. There were times when I was working for myself that I would get into the woods at first light, work until about 11:00 then find some stream and read or take a nap during the heat of the day. When it cooled down I would get going again and work until dark. Other times I would pack a gallon and a half of water/Gatorade mix and just go. Now I try to plan my day so that I can get back to the truck for lunch and use the AC to get cooled down.

The DJ is sitting in his cubicle all day.

/ People are fickle #10  
And here we are, *****'n 'bout *****'n.

The human condition I 'spose