Quick attach Jib / trailer mover

/ Quick attach Jib / trailer mover #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I built this today for my tractor and skid steer. It has a ball for moving trailers and a chain hook and eye for carrying suspended loads or pulling out fence posts.

E21347AB-7A62-4C19-AE27-F6111F8621B3.jpeg

/ Quick attach Jib / trailer mover
Hope all your trailers use same size ball... Otherwise nice build...
They don’t but I never latch the hitches anyway. I used a 2” ball so it will work on 2 & 2 5/16. It is flat as a pancake here and all I ever use the trailer mover for is moving them around my barns and stuff. I had a similar setup that just slipped over a pallet fork that I used for ten years and never latched the trailers or had any issues.

/ Quick attach Jib / trailer mover #6  
Well I lost my car carrier with 2-5/16 hitch off 2 inch ball, luckily it was empty and in yard.... I only use correct ball for hitch now...

/ Quick attach Jib / trailer mover #7  
Why would you put a ball on a hitch built to tow a semi-trailer? I'm curious to see your trailers.

/ Quick attach Jib / trailer mover
This attachment isn’t long enough to move my semitrailer. I have used something slipped over my forks to my 53’ step deck with my skid steer. I will use it on occasion to move my four gooseneck trailers but primarily I will be using the hook to carry things with a chain.