Questions on TYM T474 operator platform

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #11  
The 20 series definitely has more room than the 15 series. I am taller but not too thick so I do ok in my 4815C. Another thing to consider is I was told they stopped producing the shuttle in the 15 series and offer only HST. May produce it again next year as they have had issues with the clutch rod breaking and need to redesign the linkage.

I could see a bigger guy not liking the rear remote levers. They are tight against the seat in the 15 series. I have not been in the TYM legacy versions so can’t offer any comparison there.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform
That 4820c is looking really nice. Stoyan, you have any more pictures of your new rig? I am still deciding upon rops vs cab. Was always thinking of a rops model, but the cab has recently been on my brain. Have had cab tractors when I lived in colder climates. The heat never bothered me much, but I am not getting any younger and eliminating the dust would be really nice to boot.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #13  
I have been out checking out the TYM‘s lately and really like the T474 model. It’s size would be ideal for me and it seems to have the most bang for the buck of just about anything around. And they have some good deals on them right now.

However, the operator platform, especially feet room just seems small for the size of tractor it is. My little 2 series Deere 2320 has more footroom, and I can stretch my feet out a bit, and the foot controls are at a more stretched out angle allowing much easier operation. Was thinking of getting a shuttle shift and I had a hard time lifting my left leg up high enough to reach the clutch in the TYM. Now I am a rather large fellow in girth, not so much in height, so my belly is in the way with the short legroom of the TYM, so it maybe just an issue with fat guys. But I am not the only fat guy around that would consider this tractor. QUESTION: I did see in a YouTube video that there is an extra bolt pattern in the seat and you can move the whole seat back a couple inches. Has anyone done this? Does it make much difference? It’s almost a deal breaker as is, and I would have the dealer move it back to try before I made a decision, but wanted to run this by the smart folks here first.

Also, one other complaint on this tractor is the three point hitch control. It just comes across as cheesy. To small and almost hidden under the seat. No set adjustment either to stop it at say position three (and the numbering doesn’t follow the control lever anyway). Anyone have complaint or issues with this lever? It is one of the more important tractor controls and seems like an after thought on this model. Might not be an issue in actual use, but I don’t like it and if feels like cost cutting.

Any other things I should check out on this tractor for those that have it?
My neighbor has one with the cab. He is over 6' tall and muscular build. He seems to fold up inside and has never complained. I find the operator's station with the cab has more room than my Branson 6530.....especially head room for my 6'4" frame having sat in the seat and checked things out when I was helping him one day.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #14  
The 25 series Branson (mine) shares the same cab as the late model 20 series. The early 20 series had a smaller cab, and I think some of the A/C stuff intruded into the front area of the ceiling? That was changed in the late model cab and the interior ceiling has more clearance now. I think I sat in one with a cab like yours once Texasmark, and yeah, it seemed easy to smack your forehead on the "hump" that stuck down (I'm 6'1").

I don't think any of the now "legacy" TYM cabs have that hump in there anymore.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #15  
If you're a big fella, I'd recommend the T494/574 or the 5520 for ya if your $$$ can stretch to that size? It will be worth it and no regrets to have proper size accomodation. For me the T474 is fine as I'm only 5'7''.

Was out looking at the RK version of the 474 (RK 37) yesterday, and I think the cab will be fine if I move the seat back two inches to the furthest bolt pattern. Maybe will raise the seat also. The cab itself is quite roomy, no issues there. Just feet room and the 90 degrees knee bend. Knees are to close to the steering column as is. With the seat back and possibly raised, it should be quite comfortable. I do think they need to put some bigger springs in the seat bottom for big Americans though.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #17  
Don't know what seat TYM uses but on the Branson models you can adjust the tensions on the springs of the seat. There is also a small knob that limits how high the seat raises.

/ Questions on TYM T474 operator platform #18  
If you're a big fella, I'd recommend the T494/574 or the 5520 for ya if your $$$ can stretch to that size? It will be worth it and no regrets to have proper size accomodation. For me the T474 is fine as I'm only 5'7''.
I'm 6'1, 230-260 depending on how well I stick to my diet.

The 574 has plenty of room for me and then some.

"Was out looking at the RK version of the 474 (RK 37)"

The RK37 is a T394, not a T474.

"Was out looking at the RK version of the 474 (RK 37)"

The RK37 is a T394, not a T474.
Other than engine, same thing though correct, or are there other differences?