pull type middle buster

/ pull type middle buster #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
First off, My ventrac tractor does not have a pto or 3pt hitch in the rear. I am wanting to buiod some sort of wheeled tater plow to simply tow behind the tractor. My ideal is to mount a axle to a middle buster and just pull it thru the row to plow the taters out of the ground. I built a motorized digger out of a troybilt tiller with the shaker digger, but found the tiller just simply wasnt heavy enough to get the traction it needed to pull the vibrating digger thru the soil. I can add extra weight to it, but then i am afraid the drive train simply wont hold up. Thought about just hooking it up behind the Tractor to pull it, but then it would take 2 people to operate it. Rather then tearing up the tiller, I figure it would just be best to build some type of plow to pull behind the Ventrac. I am looking for ideals on how to go about building something I can simply tow to the field, drop the plow and dig taters. I do have hydraulics on the ventrac I can use for lifting the plow when not actually doing any digging.

Attachments

• 0714131441.jpg
    0714131441.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 233
   / pull type middle buster
A youtube vid of a turning plow. Cat scratch'n the back 40 - YouTube
I am thinking along thes lines except a middle buster. I havent found a vid of anybody using a pull behind middle buster.