PTO snowblower?

/ PTO snowblower? #61  
3-point snowblowers are about 50% the cost of front, but they make for a sore neck if used too much. I have a snow pusher on the front and blower on the back to handle every scenario

/ PTO snowblower? #62  
I live in MT and WY. I usually get 6ft of settled snow at the WY home. The plow is faster but the wind drifting is terrible here so the pto snowblower is a must. The winds will drift my driveway closed 3ft deep 3 times a day. Luckily, 20+ years of skidder operating has conditioned my neck for rear snow blowing. However, it's been very mild so far this year to the point the ground isn't even froze yet.

Attachments

• 20210204_092933.jpg
    20210204_092933.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 395

/ PTO snowblower? #63  
I live in MT and WY. I usually get 6ft of settled snow at the WY home. The plow is faster but the wind drifting is terrible here so the pto snowblower is a must. The winds will drift my driveway closed 3ft deep 3 times a day. Luckily, 20+ years of skidder operating has conditioned my neck for rear snow blowing. However, it's been very mild so far this year to the point the ground isn't even froze yet.

Attachments

• 20210204_092933.jpg
    20210204_092933.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 395

Do people ever put up snow fence anymore?

/ PTO snowblower? #64  
Do people ever put up snow fence anymore?
We do wood and metal snow fences along the highways where drifting is prominent. I've tried vinal snow fence in the past. Sometimes it helps but often it's not effective enough against our winds for the cost and necessary annual repairs.

/ PTO snowblower? #65  
I had a 1300 frt drive with 750 of it asphalt, 850 ft with open fields on both sides. Used a L2250, loaded turf tires,with frt loader and FORD 60 inch rear blower For over 30 years. Have a 100 ft drive now with a BX1880/frt loader I’m looking at a meteor 48 inch rear blower for it. No place to push if we get a lot of snow. I will need to remove, not just push it.

/ PTO snowblower? #66  
Hi all.
Been lurking for a while but finally signed up to start getting my feelers out for some snow removal equipment.
The quick specs. Roughly 3/8 mile driveway, slight down hill grade into the property, lots of parking spaces/turn arounds to keep after. Choice of a Yanmar 1500 19hp, or a Yanmar 2000D 4x 24hp, obviously the bigger tractor is the choice.
This is a vacation property so we wont be there all the time, that means possibly over a foot per visit of sitting snow.
The Woodmaxx 48” or 60” are my top picks as they look like real nice units.
My only real concern is looking back for over 6/8 of a mile (two passes), anyone using big mirrors to save the neck on those long straight stretches?

I also have a 5’ blade, whats a realistic depth of snow a guy could knock off the road with one of these?

Thanks!
Charlie.
Out of topic but have you considered Insurance giving you trouble if a fire starts and the fire trucks can't get to/is delayed getting to your place because of the snow on your private road?

Not taking any chance, that's why I always get there to clean the road when at least 5" have fallen. It's either that or have someone maintain the road for me.

/ PTO snowblower? #67  
Hi all.
Been lurking for a while but finally signed up to start getting my feelers out for some snow removal equipment.
The quick specs. Roughly 3/8 mile driveway, slight down hill grade into the property, lots of parking spaces/turn arounds to keep after. Choice of a Yanmar 1500 19hp, or a Yanmar 2000D 4x 24hp, obviously the bigger tractor is the choice.
This is a vacation property so we wont be there all the time, that means possibly over a foot per visit of sitting snow.
My only real concern is looking back for over 6/8 of a mile (two passes), anyone using big mirrors to save the neck on those long straight stretches?

I also have a 5’ blade, whats a realistic depth of snow a guy could knock off the road with one of these?

Thanks!
Charlie.
Install a backup camera system, your neck will thank you!
I did that some years ago and never looked back, (again)
Even the cheapest unit will do the trick.
Get the wired type and use magnets to install.
When I did mine I found units as low as $50.00 (like I bought) and still doing great 7/8 yrs later.
The blurb said 0 deg F but I've used much colder plus mine is usually powered up for 2hrs at a time.
Most will accept 2 cameras so U can also use 2nd on your FEL.

I suggest 'wired' as for a tractor it saves extra work plus U want it always on anyway.
The only mod I did was not to rely on the touch screen switch but installed a toggle switch instead.

Most have guide lines built in, but who cares, the idea is to avoid hitting an object that your camera sees.

/ PTO snowblower? #68  
Out of topic but have you considered Insurance giving you trouble if a fire starts and the fire trucks can't get to/is delayed getting to your place because of the snow on your private road?

Not taking any chance, that's why I always get there to clean the road when at least 5" have fallen. It's either that or have someone maintain the road for me.

A Pronovost Puma 48 inch rear push snow blower is the brand and model you want to have in your corner
as the steel they use is thicker.

Last edited:
   / PTO snowblower? #69  
Hi all.

Thanks!
Charlie.
Cant comment on the blade but I have the 60 inch Woodmaxx on 1n 18.7 HP rear PTO. It does pretty well on this but I would recommend the bigger tractor. I have the electric auger, and deflector as well as add on LED lights.
The neck thing does get some getting used to-I tried the mirrors but they became too cumbersome. Some suggest cheep rear view cameras with a 10 inch display- may delve into that soon.
With the 60 inch Woodmaxx, the heavier the tractor is the better traction you will have-HP-at least 18hp at the PTO is all thats needed.

/ PTO snowblower? #70  
3-point snowblowers are about 50% the cost of front, but they make for a sore neck if used too much. I have a snow pusher on the front and blower on the back to handle every scenario
Why do you choose to torture your self with such horrible devices? The pull blower is what normal people in the rest of the world are using.