PTO snowblower?

/ PTO snowblower? #21  
A snowblower doesn’t need the weight and travels on clear ground unlike a rear blade. (I wouldn’t “push” a rear blade, only “pull”).

I’d think a setup with a snowblower on front and blade (plow) on back, or snowblower on back and plow or bucket on front would make a good snow clearing machine.
Each have their advantages and disadvantages. (Speed vs snowbanks vs wind vs getting into spots, etc..)

You are right about that!

Easy to mount an old Meyer snowplow on the front. That lets you push snow with the speed of a pickup truck. I'm running the angle cylinders from rear remotes. The snowblower saves the day when the sides pile too high and when you have to clear the deep drifts along fencelines and in low spots. It ain't pretty, but it sure is a snow machine.

1626207618075.png

/ PTO snowblower? #22  
I was just thinking a little weight on the front tires to help steerage while the blower is on the ground trying to keep the tractor from turning.

Anyone know the ideal RPM for small blower to chuck snow good? its the one piece I need to calculate my gearing etc.

You pretty much just run it wide open just like you would if you were mowing. At a minimum, I'd be wanting to have my tach at the 540 RPM mark, but I run at WOT normally when blowing snow.

/ PTO snowblower?
Any one know where I can get an H bushing that will fit a PTO shaft??

/ PTO snowblower?
You pretty much just run it wide open just like you would if you were mowing. At a minimum, I'd be wanting to have my tach at the 540 RPM mark, but I run at WOT normally when blowing snow.
I need the desired RPMs for the snow blower (not the engine) so I can back calculate my drive system.

/ PTO snowblower? #25  
I need the desired RPMs for the snow blower (not the engine) so I can back calculate my drive system.

What I'm saying is that you don't need to calculate the RPMs for the snowblower. Just like you don't need to calculate the RPMs for a mower. If you have a snowblower designed to connect to a 540 RPM setup, you can run it at WOT or anyplace close to that range and it should perform.

/ PTO snowblower?
I may have a new plan that just surfaced. My friend is going to give me his old lawn tractor snow blower. Its and MTD 4*" wide unit. Seems on the heavier duty side as far as mower blowers go, not as burley as say that woodmaxx but.. I think I'm going to mount it on the front of G.G., the little tractor and do a belly shaft to drive it. Ill need chains, definitely some rear weight, maybe some front weight, but I think this is gonna work.
I do not have snow blower that is designed to run off tractor PTO. Per this post.

/ PTO snowblower? #27  
I can't help you on the blower speed, I do know that many of the garden tractor front blowers spun pretty fast.
As far as your chains I wouldn't get ladder chains, I'd look for some diamond patterned ATV chains.
The diamond pattern will give you much better traction and stability.

/ PTO snowblower? #28  
I do not have snow blower that is designed to run off tractor PTO. Per this post.

Oh . . . sorry. Didn't follow the fact that you're going to fabricate a drive linkage and mount a non-standard type snowblower.

/ PTO snowblower?
Oh . . . sorry. Didn't follow the fact that you're going to fabricate a drive linkage and mount a non-standard type snowblower.
No worries!

/ PTO snowblower?
I can't help you on the blower speed, I do know that many of the garden tractor front blowers spun pretty fast.
As far as your chains I wouldn't get ladder chains, I'd look for some diamond patterned ATV chains.
The diamond pattern will give you much better traction and stability.
That actually does help a little. I’ve been doing some reading around, seems some of the mower type blower might run either ~700 up to 1000 rpm.

And thanks for the advice on the chains. I think you are right on the money. Seems diamond pattern chains would be in constant contact with the ground.