3-Point Hitch PTO size?

/ PTO size? #21  
You can't really be serious.

Very serious. Prove me wrong.

If it's so common, links, pictures and facts should be easy for you guys to find.

I've heard the "3pt backhoe busting tractors in half" speech before, yet nobody can produce facts.

Any idea how many 3pt hoes are out there ?

/ PTO size? #22  

If it's so common, links, pictures and facts should be easy for you guys to find.

I've heard the "3pt backhoe busting tractors in half" speech before, yet nobody can produce facts.

look it up, i'm busy

/ PTO size? #25  
Right, we're just kidding.
Tractors can't really break in half:D.

yes they can.:(
But I havent found one that was caused by a backhoe.

Attachments

• 318959686_419a9a3689.jpg
    318959686_419a9a3689.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC02576s.jpg
    DSC02576s.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02587sm.jpg
    DSC02587sm.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC02580.JPG
    DSC02580.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 120
  • yourfile3.gif
    yourfile3.gif
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,248
   / PTO size? #26  

Look, repeating you never heard of this just tells us more about you. You're not sharing your knowledge with us, rather, quite the opposite. Do you even own a tractor?

A simple search found TBN threads where DEALERS discussed tractors they repaired that were broken by backhoes. Below I pasted in some quotes from one, for you to read to broaden your understanding.

I'm not going to bother to edit this all pretty, I think that would be wasted. I did add some bold to help you understand it better.

Source: 3-Point Backhoes TBN 2/2005

And if you want more, here's a Google search that returned 'about 45,000 results' on tractor broke in half backhoe
Baloney... I've had 5 different backhoes on different machines. All of the ones on other than my New Holland TN (heavy duty Cat II hitch) were subframe mounts. each of these mounts tied into the loader frame making for very rigid assemblies. I would not run a 3pt backhoe on anything smaller than a Utility tractor with a Cat II hitch. The loader itself will be of no help as the place where the tractor ususally splits is behind the loader frame. I have seen several split tractors at my dealers over the years from using 3pt backhoes on small machines. The subframe is the way to go. LaryRB had a subframe Bradco on a Mahindra that worked very well. You could PM him and ask about it. He did a lot of research before buying it. I used the hoe and was impressed with its capabilities.

Andy

I would not recommend it, we repair a lot of tractors,(non mahindra) other brand that people have put 3 pt units on. tractor broken in half, 3 pt mounts torn off, broken axle housing on the fords where the lower 3pt arm attaches to the axle, etc. If you install a non " Mahindra" ,or any other brand non OE supplier on that specific brand (Deere on a Deere etc) it will void the warranty if it breaks. If you do break something your going to go after the backhoe manufacturer for the repair not the tractor company. The subframe on the Mahindra/bradco 509 is and excellent setup, strong, easy on and off etc. The price of the Mahindra/bradco should not be that big of a difference of buying a new Bradco 3pt mount 509. At least in this part of the country. There is a dealer in the area selling red bradco's on the mahindras up here a little cheaper, gets them the sale sometimes, but have sold a few of those people subframes after the fact due to they where not happy and the dealer told them it was not needed and did not to sell them one.
I will tell anyone who comes in the door what ever brand of tractor you buy, spend the little extra and get the frame mounted hoe.

Scott

We sell Yanmars tractors in Oregon, so far I have supplied 4 bell housings to customers because of 3 point backhoes.
The last one was to Daves tractor in California. His customer with an F18 yanmar & a backhoe you know the rest... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
(Dave fixed his tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A frame mount is the only way to go. Im saving mad $$ for a backhoe for our new 4110.
Ernie

What I find interesting is that MahindraUSA in Tomball, TX claims that if you put a 3 point backhoe on their tractor, and the tractor breaks in half, they will not honor the warranty on the tractor.
Now let me get this straight in my mind: My Mahindra dealer sells Mahindra tractors. My Mahindra dealer sells 3 point backhoes to mount on my Mahindra tractor. But it is an item that will void your warranty. Hmm.. Something not right here. I asked Mahindra about all this regarding the void of warranty. They said it only applied to BACKHOES. I asked where this "exclusion" was stated in the warranty. They said "we'll get back with you." I asked, why are there Mahindra dealers selling 3 point backhoes to be mounted on Mahindra tractors? They said "We'll get back with you on that too". Well, it has been a few weeks now, and I haven't heard a word from them. If 3 point backhoes void your warranty, somebody at MahindraUSA should inform the dealers!
I am glad to hear WOODS is selling backhoes with Mahindra subframes. Maybe prices for these will be reasonable.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We sell Yanmars tractors in Oregon, so far I have supplied 4 bell housings to customers because of 3 point backhoes.
The last one was to Daves tractor in California. His customer with an F18 yanmar & a backhoe you know the rest...
(Dave fixed his tractor.
)</font>
Ernie, you are right about that, and we didn't even sell the guy the hoe. We sold over 60 backhoes last year, not one of them a three-point. Each one was a sub-frame. The guy that split his F18D wanted a 3-point hoe when he bought the tractor. I wouldn't sell it to him and explained why. He ignored my advice and bought a bargain three-point hoe elsewhere and installed it himself, then called me a few weeks later and said "Dave, you can say 'I told you so', or whatever, but my tractor snapped in half through the bellhousing after I mounted a three-point hoe, can you fix it?" Of course we did, with Ernie's help on parts, but the guy got an expensive lessen driven home.

I know of a couple of Branson and Mahindra dealers that don't like the expense of stocking subframes and the different backhoes, so they buy generic three-point backhoes. Instead, I sometimes will have 20 backhoes/subframes and 40 buckets in stock to try to make sure I can properly mount a Branson (Ameriquip) or Mahindra (KMW for the 15 series and Bradco for the others) tractor. It is much easier and cheaper to have a couple of skids of three-point hoes and push these inferior products, or at least inferior mounting, off on customers. Dealers that sell these would seem to put themselves into the position of taking care of any related damage not covered by Mahindra or Branson if warranty claims are denied due to damage caused as a result of a 3-point mounted hoe.

Just a side note, you are getting a lot more than just a subframe with the 509 or 511 hoe. This is an incredible machine, really in a class by itself when compared to other CUT hoes.

Ernie and Dave are well know to this forum as reputable dealers. I've met Dave. I think all the TBN posters I quoted here are credible.

/ PTO size? #28  
Never said you can't bust one in half abusing it regardless of what's on it, but you just can't say all 3pt hoes are bad. Just too many out there that are working just fine. Mine included.

Almost 83,000 people here on TBN, surly somebody had it happen to them.

Clem, just what in that thread points to a positive 3pt hoe breakage ?

/ PTO size? #29  
Never said you can't bust one in half abusing it regardless of what's on it

Sounds like your singing a different tune .. there's the likks you ask for..I think I know where the B.S is comming from:rolleyes: