3-Point Hitch PTO size?

/ PTO size? #13  
Ya,,,,,OK,,,,,sure ya did. :cool:
Keep it up and I think you'll get outvoted. I've seen those pictures too.

And I've put stresses on my backhoe-equipped Yanmar that I thought risked breaking the bell housing, like the pictures I've seen, if it didn't already have loader-mount stiffener bars that go all the way back to the towbar socket.

I think the greater risk is tearing the lower 3-point pins out of the side of the transmission when the tractor is lifted off the ground by the backhoe. (Lifted by the bucket, not by its feet). The stresses on the 3-point become extreme when the backhoe is used at an extreme angle left or right of the tractor centerline. Worst case is trying to drag the tractor sideways to follow a stump root or something. I quit stressing mine that way after I bent one of the lower 3-point arms about 3/4 inch out of straight. I took the arm off and pounded it back straight with a sledge, then decided to quit such obvious abuse. A frame-mount would transfer stresses much better than a 3-point can.

20687d1078892852-building-frontend-loader-ym2000-388516-dscn4208r.jpg

20688d1078893027-building-frontend-loader-ym2000-388519-dscn4220r.jpg

(Original thread
with my photos.)

/ PTO size? #14  
Ya,,,,,OK,,,,,sure ya did. :cool:

Yep, they are all over the place. Found a couple of New Hollands, a Massey, Hinomoto, and a Kubota, with broken bell housings and blocks from using either hoes or FELs. I was just kidding about charging for searches, but not about posting the results;).

Last edited:
   / PTO size? #15  
Keep it up and I think you'll get outvoted. )

Your right.I don't think he's read or seen many post cause, I've even seen /read about BH'S & FEL'S breaking tractors in 1/2

/ PTO size? #16  
Keep it up and I think you'll get outvoted. I've seen those pictures too.

Chalk up another One. I can remember even seeing Cal's. Pic's before on the subject and I still CHRS it's getting better though :laughing:

Carey

/ PTO size?
Thanks for all the advice...I have some more homework to do. I like the Yanmar so far. However, I might decide to rent an excavator to do my backhoe work. Thanks for your help. Peter

/ PTO size? #20  
No problem Peter you know now were to ask it you need to know anything about your Tractor. I guess you can tell not to take any offence to you personally. Have to say I did get a chuckle on the posts :laughing:

Carey