PTO Shaft Extender Issue

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
So I attempted to hook up my brush hog to my new Kubota L3901 this morning. Knew I would need the PTO extender that I had on my L2250 as the Pat's EZ extended everything 4 inches or so. The extender has a bolt through it that went through the L2250's pto shaft. Problem is the L3901 has no hole through the pto shaft :hissyfit:
Used the set screw in hopes that would work....and it did until I hit a rock and then everything came off:eek: So now I am in the market to find a shaft extender that has a locking mechanism similar to those on the pto shaft drives. TSC seems to only have the one I previously described. Found one on line, Double HH with a quick release. Anyone familiar with it or other suggestions?

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #2  
What about INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH LOC-TITE on the splines plus the set screw?

Three strengths of Loc-Tite are in the market.

Last edited:
   / PTO Shaft Extender Issue #5  
Thanks for the link. I saw that one but the picture does not seem to be a female 6 spline even though the description does. Maybe they just have the wrong pic?

Probably the wrong picture since that one appears to be a 21 spline extender.
I have had an Agri Supply extender (they call it an adapter) for several years (I need it for my chipper) and it works quite well. However, I only use it when I need it...I have read or heard that extenders can cause more wear on the tractor's PTO bearings over the long term...

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #6  
   / PTO Shaft Extender Issue
Thanks to all. Plan to see if my dealer has one or the local TSC. If not, will order on line. Love that L3901 KevT. First regen over the weekend.....piece of cake!

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #9  
Yes it is easy as long as you follow the instructions. Mine seem to happen about every 25 hours, so I should be coming up on my third re-gen. I question my fuel gauge, but other than that I love my L3901.

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #10  
.......... Bought mine locally at Paul B Zimmerman in Ephrata..................

A place that I get into fairly often. I could wander the aisles for hours.