PTO Driven pumps

/ PTO Driven pumps #11  
There is an easier way other than pumping all the water out and removing the sediment or running that sediment through your pump. Use a dredge style nozzle and a small water pump.
What are they and how do they work? I'm not familiar with either one.
I think I'm looking at about a 3" pump and a 20 foot lift out of a rock & gravel shallow stream bottom.
rScotty

/ PTO Driven pumps #12  
Mine at work

Attachments

• 54B0B71C-6FED-406B-AA90-DB96092A396A.jpeg
    54B0B71C-6FED-406B-AA90-DB96092A396A.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 53
   / PTO Driven pumps #14  
There is an easier way other than pumping all the water out and removing the sediment or running that sediment through your pump. Use a dredge style nozzle and a small water pump.
How does a dredge style nozzle compare for vertical lift against a regular suction trash pump with a screen filter pickup? Same? More? Less?
I have to lift from a creek in a gully up to my PTO pump on the bank.
thanks,
rScotty

/ PTO Driven pumps #17  
A dredge nozzle works using water to drive water just like a jet pump for a water well.

In your situation a floating fire pump will be of the most help to you to feed your PTO pump.
The Absolute Water Pump folks sell the self contained CET floating fire pump which is made in
Canada for fire fighting in the bush but there is no reason it would not work for your needs.

The image shows a CET floating fire pump from Absolute Fire Pumps. It has a static head pressure of 92 feet.

It has a 3 inch inlet and 2.5 inch inside diameter discharge hose and it has a capacity of 260 gallons per minute/15,600
gallons per hour at 3,600 RPM and it would flood the inlet chamber of your PTO pump adequately to keep
the volute seals of the PTO pump lubricated.

The CET brochure is incorrect in stating the floating fire pump requires a foot valve as the centrifugal
pump volute and suction screen is below the water line and it does not require a foot valve.

Attachments

• cet_fire_pumps_high_pressure_floating_pump_-_pfp-6hp-fl.jpg
    cet_fire_pumps_high_pressure_floating_pump_-_pfp-6hp-fl.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 33
  • CET_Fire_Pumps_High_Pressure_Floating_Pump_-_PFP-6HP-FL_-_Spec_Sheet.pdf
    445.7 KB · Views: 48
  • CET_Fire_Pumps_High_Pressure_Floating_Pump_-_PFP-6HP-FL_-_Part_Assebly_and_Part_List.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • CET_Fire_Pumps_High_Pressure_Floating_Pump_-_PFP-6HP-FL_-_Owner_Manual.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited: