PTO clutch

/ PTO clutch #1  

Stevearlott

Tractor
Zetor Proxima 75
Zetor Proxima 75.Should the PTO clutch lever be in the down position with it in neutral when not in use?Thanks.

Last edited:
   / PTO clutch #2  
not familiar with the proxima 75, get the owners manual.

/ PTO clutch #3  
I don't know your tractor but normally the PTO is disengaged (not spinning) when not in use.

/ PTO clutch #5  
Nice tractor!
If you have a PTO lever with 3 positions, than one position is the PTO on engine speed, middle position is PTO in neutral, and one position is PTO on ground speed through the gearbox.

I think if you put the High / Low in neutral, and the gear in reverse, than your PTO runs in reverse. Nice for un-doing a stuck post auger.

You don't have to put the lever in neutral if you don't use the PTO, but you can.
On certain models Zetor tractors the PTO lever also has a position that disengages the hydraulic pump.

If you Google "Zetor Proxima owners manual" you will find some. Look for WWW.cals.cz

/ PTO clutch
Nice tractor!
If you have a PTO lever with 3 positions, than one position is the PTO on engine speed, middle position is PTO in neutral, and one position is PTO on ground speed through the gearbox.

I think if you put the High / Low in neutral, and the gear in reverse, than your PTO runs in reverse. Nice for un-doing a stuck post auger.

You don't have to put the lever in neutral if you don't use the PTO, but you can.
On certain models Zetor tractors the PTO lever also has a position that disengages the hydraulic pump.

If you Google "Zetor Proxima owners manual" you will find some. Look for WWW.cals.cz
That’s great thank you

/ PTO clutch #7  
If you're asking specifically about the clutch lever for the PTO, it should always be down when the PTO is in neutral. The manual says to leave the clutch lever engaged (raised position) no longer than 15 minutes at a time.

/ PTO clutch
That’s great, thanks