PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #31  
Do you have a hydraulic schematic for your machine?

Any idea on how the pump is controlled? Direct connection to the swashplate pintle or separate hydro- mechanical control? If separate hydro-mechanical where charge pressure is used to bring pump on stroke then loss of charge pressure could cause the fluttering but would usually provide some reduced drive speed.

Are the wheel motors geroler - geroter style? These are sometimes called Char-Lynn motors.

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #32  
Terry recommended I cap all the lines. I am hoping the local tractor supply store just has them in stock.
I never seen hyd caps there. If not, look for a hydraulic hose making shop (you made be a future customer there anyways and it will be good to know where they are).

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress
I never seen hyd caps there. If not, look for a hydraulic hose making shop (you made be a future customer there anyways and it will be good to know where they are).

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered a JIC 04 06 08 10 12 14 cap and plug kit from Amazon. Tractor is in a rural-ish location, I might end up spending half a day tracking those down, which wouldn't be fun.

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #34  
I kind of said that because I just used mine today and the hose going to the bottom of the lift cylinder started to leak where they make a loop and tie it to the cylinder. Looks like fun to get at the hydraulic control valve end.
I have always thought of putting a electric diverter valve on it to give it that extra circuit like the big Power Tracs. Maybe the time is coming quicker the I expected.

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #35  
if the lovejoy coupler is slipping at 3600 engine rpm would it make a ratcheting noise?

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #38  
just wondering.... have you checked for possible loose lug nuts on your wheels? I had a problem with that on my Kubota when it was fairly new...

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress #39  
just wondering.... have you checked for possible loose lug nuts on your wheels? I had a problem with that on my Kubota when it was fairly new...
Watch his video and turn up the sound. The wheels aren't turning and you can hear the clicking when he applies pressure to the treadle peddles.

/ PT-180 Clicking or thunking from wheels under stress
Do you have a hydraulic schematic for your machine?

Any idea on how the pump is controlled? Direct connection to the swashplate pintle or separate hydro- mechanical control? If separate hydro-mechanical where charge pressure is used to bring pump on stroke then loss of charge pressure could cause the fluttering but would usually provide some reduced drive speed.

Are the wheel motors geroler - geroter style? These are sometimes called Char-Lynn motors.

I do have a schematic. Basically there are wheel motors, the treadle and the pump and the filter. nothing else of note (as far as I can tell).