Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #71  
Snow blowers are way, way slower than plows and for that reason I have a plow up front and blower out back.

Same here...plow for the lighter stuff (less then 6"-8", depending on how wet), snow blower for anything > 8"

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #72  
The Reist Series 1000 single stage snow thrower with wider gathering wings would work well for you as it has fewer moving parts and the snow thrower rotor rotates at up to 700 RPM at the 540 RPM engine speed.
Except that the "wider gathering wings" will limit how close you can get to something (like a garage door) and blow the snow away when driving up to it...

Aaron Z

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #73  
True, but one must make a compromise when needing a wider cut for a snow blower and Reist does that by adding width. The simplicity of a single stage unit and its high rotor speed with or without a speed increaser make it the the better machine and either unit can potentially slip and slide and cause damage. Shoveling never bothers me when I need to do it to throw it back where the snow blower can get rid of it.

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #74  
I have a back blade that I use to push some of the snow in tight area. I have tried to do some snow removal with the FEL and found it a nightmare and took forever to do my driveway. The snow blower has not let me down yet and my driveway does not have any banks as I blow away into the bush or fields. I may break a pin or two during the winter and usually cause by hitting a small stone or a really hard crusty piece of ice. Even with a pin broken I can still blow a bit without the auger working but the fan still blows pretty good.

You can have every thing you want if you just get a plow for your ATV. Then you will have a plow, the FEL, and the rear blower. I use the ATV when the snow is light, and the blower when it gets heavier, or if the windrows start to build up.

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #75  
I just installed this 72' plow with hydro turn on my UTV which should take care of most of the snow but will install the blower on the tractor just to be on the safe side cause you never know what kind of winter we will have.

DSCF2166.JPG

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #76  
I just installed this 72' plow with hydro turn on my UTV which should take care of most of the snow but will install the blower on the tractor just to be on the safe side cause you never know what kind of winter we will have.

View attachment 577826

Greetings,
I had a plow on my Ranger 800 XP. With the stock tires it was not good in deeper snow so I had to put chains on it. The other problem was snow blowing onto the windshield as I did not have wipers on it. I found it adequate for most of the snow falls we get (about 135 " per year) but it would be not that good if we had more than 6". I wound up getting a 2001 Ram with a Western plow. I think you will find having the blower on your tractor is an excellent decision.

I was considering a blower for my JD855 but I have a lot of loose gravel in some areas and so far the truck plow has done a good job. It is nice to have heat, wipers and cab with the pickup.

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #77  

View attachment 577826

Attaboy! That is what I have, except that my plow is on my CanAm Outlander ATV, and it’s only 60 iinches.

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #78  

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #79  
Impressive plume! V-plow and a big blower with adequate HP is a deadly combo.

/ Pros/Cons of Front Mount Snowblower vs Rear Mount #80  
I will bet that blower works good on frozen horse apples, too. :D