Pros and Cons of Kioti

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #91  
maybe for floatation on wet ground,but I doubt 1" will do anything for rollover.
Farmers ahve been tilling hillsides here, across not up/down, for decades with old skinny tired tractors.

Width, or lack of, has benefits - a brush hog or box blade can be smaler (aka cheaper to buy) and be wider than the track of the tractor for one.

MOving to a bigger tractor I have concerns of where I"ll fit or not- I know I'm gonna have issues with a 6' brush hog, i've had issues with ROPS height..

TooRoo, do you think you can get it from dealer with 17.5 tires? One of my concerns is it's width is about 6" less than other rigs. Doesn't seem like mutch but I have uneven ground. And my wife will tell ya, an 1" is everything!

PSI- weight per square inch. Those jacked up pickup with big mudder tires won't move in snow. The old WW2 army jeeps had skinny tires - to get thruough the mud- sink to where it's solid and there is traction.

If you have a soft, wet area then maybe wider is better - less pressure per square inch lets you float over. In snow and rain on roads it's the exact opposite.

My old tractor had skinny turfs on it (and no 4x4 or even locking diff). New tractor is twice the weight and has those features, plus filled R4 tires. I'm curious as to how it will do on wet ground and snow.

talked with a fellow yesterday that has an L48 kubota with R4's and a B32 with turfs - he says the L48, even with backhoe, won't go for crap in the snow - much larger, heavier machine. He's changing it to turfs next year when these tires are done, if not sooner (new tires are not cheap).

My research indicates turfs are better in the snow than R4, but R4 is better in mud and more puncture resistant. Here's hoping I chose well for my conditions!
Forgive me, but can you provide more information on that? I do not understand how a 2.6" increase in tire (traction) width is worse for the weight. You cited better ground pressure, but soil condition would have a direct impact on whether that is a good or bad.

Soft and wet ground would work against a more centralized contact pad.

On dryer ground would a larger pad be a bad thing?

This is my first tractor with industrial tires and the only other real experience I have with a similar although much larger tire is with off road fork lifts. Furthermore, my only real tractor experience has been with Ag tires.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #92  
Dk35vince I had a small pile of brush. I went to grapple and then I seen hydro oil blowing out. Got out to look and seen the shaft broke and fell out of the cylinder. Then I got back into machine and went to try and move the loader down and the other shaft broke and fell out and the grappler came crashing down. It was a$1000 bill to replace both with no help from dealer or kioti. Sad is the dealer and kioti both admitted they have never seen that. I had the pictures on my old cell. If I can find them I will post them

This is what scares me about the Korean tractors (TYM, LS, Kioti). If a warranty issue arises how willing are these companies to stand by their product and solve the problem? I watched a video of a guy that bought a new LS and after multiple trips to the dealer he barely has a functioning tractor.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #93  
This is what scares me about the Korean tractors (TYM, LS, Kioti). If a warranty issue arises how willing are these companies to stand by their product and solve the problem? I watched a video of a guy that bought a new LS and after multiple trips to the dealer he barely has a functioning tractor.

The internet is full of such stories. Don't get me wrong as you can find useful information, but before internet, people did business with people. My point is, find a dealer you like and trust, and buy a tractor that meets your needs from him. You can have issues no matter the brand. The difference is support after the sale.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #94  
Same as John deere,Kubota,New holland.It is NOT just the companies but also your DEALER.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #95  
Such stories exist - I had an issue in the 80's with GM, ex wife with GM about a year ago, VW and their emmission issues (and apparently ALL european car companies do the same thing).

Having worked for various dealers over the years a small percentage, very small, of units have issues. It's more the manufacturer regional reps that determine what is done - while at a nissan dealer they authorized (cause they have to pay for it) an extensive teardown of a maxima to find a rattle, turned out a piece of weld was inside a body part behind the dash...**** happens, right?

Then you have people that expect perfection or create their own issues or expect perfection. I run my own business and have folks call with an issue and call back the next day "well???" - it takes a week for me to get youa replacement..I told you that at the initial purchase and when yuo called yesterday..it's been ONE DAY - quit yer bitchin'. Yet they ***** anyway.

Yes, a dealer can make a huge difference..but like insurance, you nevrer really know how it is until you need to use it. Too late then...

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #96  
Dk35vince I had a small pile of brush. I went to grapple and then I seen hydro oil blowing out. Got out to look and seen the shaft broke and fell out of the cylinder. Then I got back into machine and went to try and move the loader down and the other shaft broke and fell out and the grappler came crashing down. It was a$1000 bill to replace both with no help from dealer or kioti. Sad is the dealer and kioti both admitted they have never seen that. I had the pictures on my old cell. If I can find them I will post them

When our IT people would help people out, they would often be asked "what was the problem" and they would say "PICNIC". one day, someone asked what "PICNIC" meant. They said "Problem in Chair, Not In Computer"!

Sometimes it is equipment, but sometimes it IS the operator.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #97  
I think they are junk and no dealer support. I have a nx6010. As we speak its at the dealer for a cab leak and issues with the backhoe. Like always the dealer says they soaked the machine and no leak. I have video of it leaking. Before that both lower front hydraulic cylinder that control the bucket snapped. Both shafts snapped and bucket came crashing down, hydraulic fluid everywhere. The loader was out of warranty and I called and complained but they did nothing and the dealer didn't do anything. Funny thing was they said they never seen that before. List goes on and on. If I would have to do it again I would get a John deer. I think it's a better machine and dealer support is there. Sometimes it just not worth saving a few thousand vs getting a John deer or kobuta

The only time I have seen the rods on the bucket snap was when doing back grading with the Bucket supporting the heavy weight of the tractor. A JD will also break the rods when used in such a manner.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #98  
maybe for floatation on wet ground,but I doubt 1" will do anything for rollover.
Farmers ahve been tilling hillsides here, across not up/down, for decades with old skinny tired tractors.

Width, or lack of, has benefits - a brush hog or box blade can be smaler (aka cheaper to buy) and be wider than the track of the tractor for one.

MOving to a bigger tractor I have concerns of where I"ll fit or not- I know I'm gonna have issues with a 6' brush hog, i've had issues with ROPS height..

PSI- weight per square inch. Those jacked up pickup with big mudder tires won't move in snow. The old WW2 army jeeps had skinny tires - to get thruough the mud- sink to where it's solid and there is traction.

If you have a soft, wet area then maybe wider is better - less pressure per square inch lets you float over. In snow and rain on roads it's the exact opposite.

My old tractor had skinny turfs on it (and no 4x4 or even locking diff). New tractor is twice the weight and has those features, plus filled R4 tires. I'm curious as to how it will do on wet ground and snow.

talked with a fellow yesterday that has an L48 kubota with R4's and a B32 with turfs - he says the L48, even with backhoe, won't go for crap in the snow - much larger, heavier machine. He's changing it to turfs next year when these tires are done, if not sooner (new tires are not cheap).

My research indicates turfs are better in the snow than R4, but R4 is better in mud and more puncture resistant. Here's hoping I chose well for my conditions!

I don't have to deal with snow in South Louisiana, so that is why I wanted slightly larger R4's. Keep in mind brands like Kubota and LS offer the tire size I thought I wanted on very similar weight tractors.

I for sure don't want super large mud tires on my tractor.

I was only stating that I wished I could have gotten a slightly wider tire like on other brands. Because I often deal with wet soft ground.

Another poster mentioned that a larger tire would only provide floatation and not traction, I disagree with that in the case of mud i think that almost 5000 lbs (with the loader) is enough weight for an increase of 5.2" of tread width.

Thoughts?

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #99  
The only time I have seen the rods on the bucket snap was when doing back grading with the Bucket supporting the heavy weight of the tractor. A JD will also break the rods when used in such a manner.

The poster you quoted started another thread about his broken loader cylinders. Just about everyone who replied to it stated mostly what you said. His situation, and that of others who abuse their equipment by intent, ignorance or some other reason are still creating aNON-warranty issue by their use and abuse of the machine in question. It's NOT brand related; it IS operator related, end of story. AND once again Kiotis are in no way junk. If an OP beats on them like they are junk, the OP will reap the rewards of such actions. Any brand can break, especially if subjected to improper use by clueless operators.

/ Pros and Cons of Kioti #100  

He wasn't talking about a warranty issue not being fixed but rather something that broke after the warranty was over. ALso need to note that many of us with experience and having seen other posts concerning his tractor have some real questions about WHY it broke.

Here is a quote from one of his posts concerning this "The loader was out of warranty and I called and complained but they did nothing "

SO far I haven't heard any complaints with the many Kioti owners around here about not being able to get warrante work done but again I haven't heard of any real issues, just small stuff. My searches before buying a kioti showed that at the time all issues were being addressed with in reason and better than my family was being treated by JD at the time from varied dealers.