Progress!

/ Progress! #131  
I have French drains as well, and I am with @EddieWalker on them. Filter fabric and gravel will fill with soil and debris over time, and clog, leaving you without drainage.

If you need the look of a seamless area, and are ok with ripping them out after awhile, go for it.

However, @Torvy's comment of "we get a lot of rain" would make me nervous on two counts; one that the french drains might not handle enough runoff flow, and two that they are going to clog more quickly.

I would favor ditches, swales, and where needed solid drain pipes (corrugated ones fail quickly), bigger than you think you need.

And, yes, you will probably need a fair amount of rock, but heavy weight geotextile will really help.

All the best,

Peter

/ Progress! #132  
You're be living there in no time!!!

In my experience, nobody makes a bigger mess then the sheetrock guys. .

Yea, mine crapped in empty mud buckets and threw them in the bushes behind the house. What a nice find.

/ Progress!
20230406_072734.jpg

Drywall is all in, taped and mudded! I think cabinets are next on the agenda. City house should get listed next month.

/ Progress! #137  
I like the style of the cabinets, waiting to see how it looks when its all finished.

/ Progress! #138  
What are you going to use for your counters? Here in Tyler, there are close to a dozen different granite companies, but the only one I recommended is Granite Division. Nobody puts more effort into the small details then they do. Figuring out the layout so the pattern and grain lines up is their main goal, and the finished product shows that attention to detail. There isn't anything more disappointing then seeing a bad granite job.

/ Progress!
Where I grew up, there are granite quarries. We swam in the old pits. Many classmates are either in that business or grew up in it. I want to use a slab from back home when we eventually put small counters in the garage apartment....something like this:

Dakota-Mahogany-granite-close.jpg