Progress!

/ Progress!
So yesterday I was able to finally start moving our things into the house. We still have a punch list of small-ish things that need completion. I started this thread in January of last year. 22 months of highs and lows just to get a roof over our heads.

I'll keep it rolling to see how long it takes to get done. I'd definitely do a few things differently, but overall we are happy to have a home we can truly call ours. We searched 5+ years for the right land, designed the layout ourselves. It's paid for. Now we get to go from home to homestead.

1000001582.jpg

/ Progress! #263  
Is the punch list complete or at least getting smaller?

/ Progress!
Still have about 5 things left.
The cooktop was installed with NG fittings rather than LP.

The gas feed to the cook top goes down nearly a foot, blocking the drawer from closing.

Scratched glass in shower is supposed to be replaced today.

Drawer for silverware was wrong. Needs replacing.

Concrete on front step has quarter sized chips that need patching.

My list of things to do is much longer. Waiting on switch and a few parts to finish internet install. I did manage to get Jack's and RJ45 connections installed on all of the 7 wired locations. Only 1 has a problem with a couple of wires, but in spare BR, so low priority.

/ Progress! #265  
Good luck!

The gas piping and NG/LP nozzle mixup sounds pretty classic.

Concrete chip repairs tough one in my book. I think that it is hard to fix shallow chips in concrete, and harder to match colors. If a good match and longevity matters, I suspect that you might want to consider epoxy cement for the small patches, and a complete over wash to get the color uniform.

All the best,

Peter

/ Progress!
My neighbor had the same problem with the pipe in his new build.

I know the concrete solution will be a compromise. I think I would rather have mismatched concrete than the chips. Water and occasional ice/freezing will turn those chips into cracks or worse. Fill and seal will lengthen the time before problems arise.