Price Check price of 2710

/ price of 2710 #1  

Cathy

Tractor
Kubota B2710
I have started shopping for a tractor.I THINK I want a 2710 ( 27HP Kubota) I was told 12,700 for this tractor like it is a set retail price which isnt varied. I got the impression that the price is set by the mfr. I need to know how much mark up there is & who would give me the BEST price. I am ready to buy but dont want to get taken for a ride. Also, is there sales tax in other states on used tractors? I was told that here in North Carolina they started charging 7% sales tax on used tractors last fall. Any help appreciated.

/ price of 2710 #2  
Cathy, there is no "set" price on the tractor. The dealers can negotiate if they wish. However, the price you were quoted isn't bad. I made a deal last July for a 1999 B2710 that was delivered on Aug. 12 for $12,600 for the tractor plus $2,900 for the front end loader, $295 for a canopy, and $1,695 for a Bush Hog 60" rear discharge finish mower.

And sales tax laws vary from state to state, so I can't help you there. Good luck with your shopping, and I'm sure you'll enjoy a B2710 (I've only got 152+ hours on mine now)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ price of 2710 #3  
Cathy, I know internet purchases (out of state) are tax free. I think if you purchase out of state and don't intend to register the tractor you could save some bucks. (someone correct me if I am wrong /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif)

/ price of 2710 #4  
Cathy try giving Jack Perrin of Perrin Farm Equipment a call at 912+ 382-9821 he is in Tifton, GA. I know he can beat that price!! They call him Mr. Jack and he will deal with you and answer any questions.

/ price of 2710 #5  
Cathy,
Try Modern Equipment in Johnson City Tenn. Just bought my 2710 from them and found them to be the best both to work with and price wise.
Talk to Steve Bowman at 1-800-540-1704
Good Luck
Dale
ps. Their website is Tractorsmart.com

/ price of 2710 #6  
Re: price of 2710 *DELETED*

Post deleted for violation of TractorByNet.com Terms of Use.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Muhammad on 6/22/00 03:44 PM.</FONT></P>

/ price of 2710 #7  
W-K IN NC,

Is something wrong or inferior with the B2710 that it can be sold at cost? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Is competition that fierce that he must drop the price to sell tractors over the other tractor dealers in the area?

If a dealer does not make a fair profit on the overall business activities in which he/she engages...don't expect them to be there for service in the future!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ price of 2710 #8  
Jim,

Why all the controversal statements that you know are not true?

It is possible that the sale of implements to those that buy tractors also helps the dealers bottom line?

I don't have a backhoe yet, but have $11,000 worth of implements. Isn't that pretty close to what a TC18 costs? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

If you consider hay cutting equipment, baling equipment, drills, spriggers, etc., they are what many people want. The tractor just moves them to the right place for them to do their work and furnishe power through the PTO. The tractor can easily cost less than the implements. I don't know whether you can operate any of these implements with 18.5 hp, but most people that use them usually buy a larger tractor than that.

/ price of 2710 #9  
Wen,

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that Cathy was going to cut hay and bale in on her 2.5 acres!

P.S. - A NH TC18 with pwr steering would run about $10,000.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ price of 2710 #10  
Wen,

You asked, "Why all the controversal statements that you know are not true?"

The first statement that I made was more or less a rhetorical question! Sorry that I left it so vague. I think that I've read enough posts on this board to know that Bird and others that own B2710's are very happy with them.

That said, the second statement is fact! Over a year ago, I was e-mailing Steve Carver concerning his prices vs the Kubota dealer in south-central Michigan. Steve's price on a B7300 at that time was $8,400 and around here it was $9,300. He said at that time that he couldn't hope to get anywhere near $9,300 for a B7300 in his area because of "trench warfare". This competition was from other Kubota dealers and it is always from other brand dealers. That's the nature of competition.

Wen, next time you call me a liar, I'd appreciate it if you would ask for clarification first! People that know me can't believe how honest I am!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!