Price Check Price check

/ Price check #1  

Trey318

Silver Member
Tractor
1972 John Deere 2630 1987 John Deere 4850 Case 7250 Ford 3000 1956 John Deere 520 1952 John Deere M 1980 John Deere 314 1952 John Deere 60 1992 John Deere 318 2013 John Deere 5083e
Recently I've been shopping for a nice used tractor. I was going through some pictures and I found a picture of my great grandpas 1972 Massey ferguson 135. When he died my uncle inherited it and he wants to sell it for 5000 dollars. The tractor is all original with about 2500 hours. It was always taken care of and it never was abused. And It comes with a couple implements. Is 5000 a good price?

/ Price check #2  
Recently I've been shopping for a nice used tractor. I was going through some pictures and I found a picture of my great grandpas 1972 Massey ferguson 135. When he died my uncle inherited it and he wants to sell it for 5000 dollars. The tractor is all original with about 2500 hours. It was always taken care of and it never was abused. And It comes with a couple implements. Is 5000 a good price?

Don't sound bad to me. Look here and get an idea
http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/li...11&Manu=MASSEY-FERGUSON&Mdltxt=135&mdlx=exact

/ Price check
Thanks, this'll be my 1st time owning something other than a deere

/ Price check #4  

That is crazy high!!! I paid 2500.00 for mine

/ Price check
But it comes with a pile of implements and it's showroom condition

/ Price check #6  
My wife's family bought a brand new gas, no power steering, 135 in the 1970's. When they moved south about 8 years ago my wife and I bought it. Last fall we sold it in one day for $5,700. (with a 25 year old rotary cutter)

We've had a couple of 135's over the years and they are fine machines. Around here a 135 in good shape is frequently a $4,000 - $5,500 purchase. I think your uncle's price is bang on the money. If you were closer I'd be tempted to buy it.

/ Price check
The tractors sat in a barn for about 6 years after my grandpa died in 2008. My grandpa loved it though, he replaced all the tires because they were cracking. He even had it completely repainted because it was fading slightly in some places

/ Price check #8  
I like tractors and I'm curious. Is this a gas or diesel model? If gas, what brand engine?

P.S.
New paint? New tires? Now you're really tempting me!

/ Price check
It's a Perkins diesel with factory power steering. The paints good and the rear tires are great but it'll need front tires after a while

/ Price check #10  
It's a Perkins diesel with factory power steering. The paints good and the rear tires are great but it'll need front tires after a while

That's what I have but with a lot of hours and purrs. Lets see some pics