Price Check Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #31  
New Hampshire here. I know you are looking for prices rather than advice but just a suggestion.
I opted for a used Kubota KX121-2 with steel tracks and a hydraulic thumb to supplement my L2500 tractor. Cleared many stumps (24-36" mostly pine) and graded an acre and a half. Built stone walls with many of the rocks dug out (as you know they are our best crop). Ditched and removed rocks over a 1/2 mile of the wood roads. The majority of that work was done with the excavator; the tractor and box blade doing the final grading and raking. Just my opinion but I can't imagine doing that work with a backhoe (I have used a tractor mounted backhoe). The excavator has no outriggers to drop, seat to turn, goes where a tractor would be stuck, and has a nice blade to backfill and rough grade. Bonus is winching and skidding firewood logs with the tractor then using the excavator to hold the logs just at waist height to cut firewood; the old back sure appreciated it.
Got the excavator over in Maine for $14,500 and has given no problems over the past 6 years. Good luck.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #32  
New Hampshire here. I know you are looking for prices rather than advice but just a suggestion.
I opted for a used Kubota KX121-2 with steel tracks and a hydraulic thumb to supplement my L2500 tractor. Cleared many stumps (24-36" mostly pine) and graded an acre and a half. Built stone walls with many of the rocks dug out (as you know they are our best crop). Ditched and removed rocks over a 1/2 mile of the wood roads. The majority of that work was done with the excavator; the tractor and box blade doing the final grading and raking. Just my opinion but I can't imagine doing that work with a backhoe (I have used a tractor mounted backhoe). The excavator has no outriggers to drop, seat to turn, goes where a tractor would be stuck, and has a nice blade to backfill and rough grade. Bonus is winching and skidding firewood logs with the tractor then using the excavator to hold the logs just at waist height to cut firewood; the old back sure appreciated it.
Got the excavator over in Maine for $14,500 and has given no problems over the past 6 years. Good luck.

That is a beautiful excavator and I would love to stumble onto one. Any more pics and details?

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #33  
Quote from Essex Equipment
Essex Junction, Vermont

Kubota L2501 HST 15116.00
LA525 Q.C. 4669.70
Loaded R1's 335.00
Rears spaced 5" 500.00
42" 2000# Forks 600.00
LP BB1572 1219.00
3rd Function 950.00
BH77 7999.00
LP SPL1072 1131.00

Rebates -1600.00

Fees 226.00

Sub-total 31165.70
Tax 1855.18
Total 33020.88

The dealer says prices will increase 5% as of April 1st. We will look to make this purchase in March. There are some items that may be tweaked. I am on the fence about the backhoe. I can make great use of it, but it's very expensive. I will also be paying cash for a Farmi JL351P in May.

Anyone in VT, NY, NH, ME or MA have any input?

Any input is greatly appreciated and I love to hear what people think of their own machines no matter where they reside!

Cheers,

Seth

I just got back from a Kubota dealer and was quoted for a L2501 4WD/HST:
$19,625 (including FEL).