Price Check Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB
Wow. That is way more significant than I expected. You just saved me money. I will make sure to acclimate myself to the backhoe on easier terrain and gradually work my way up.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #12  
The only thing holding me back is cost at this point. It puts me outside of the price range I'm looking for, but comments like this are reassuring. The backhoe appears to be one of the most impactful implements one can buy. I'm going to do what I can to swing it!
I can rent a 6000# mini ex for $180.00 a day. That option took my plans for a backhoe off the buy list. For $8K, you will need to do lots of digging....

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #13  
My BH-90 got a ton of use and was a good investment for me. Most of the jobs it did just wouldn’t have got done if it was going to cost me a rental or do it by hand. But 8k probably more is pretty steep for a tractor backhoe attachment. I’d look at buying a stand alone unit. And if you’ve got that cash and weren’t relying on Kubota zero percent you’re solidly in the price range of much stronger used Kubota L45 or L39. You can buy an older L35 for a lot less than that but it’s not as strong of a loader as the newer L45/39 The L35 would still work circles around a L2501. The dedicated TLB series is a whole different animal.

I have an endless amount of stumps to dig up, four large retaining walls planned and lots of drainage around the house just to start. It will all take me a lot of time. I know I can cut time with the correct tool, but I will run up rental costs close to the amount I'd spend on the backhoe.

Sidenote- your setup caught my attention when I initially started reading these forums. Are you still rocking the winch and grapple? If so, still loving it?

My BH-90 got a ton of use and was a good investment for me. Most of the jobs it did just wouldn’t have got done if it was going to cost me a rental or do it by hand. But 8k probably more is pretty steep for a tractor backhoe attachment. I’d look at buying a stand alone unit. And if you’ve got that cash and weren’t relying on Kubota zero percent you’re solidly in the price range of much stronger used Kubota L45 or L39. You can buy an older L35 for a lot less than that but it’s not as strong of a loader as the newer L45/39 The L35 would still work circles around a L2501. The dedicated TLB series is a whole different animal.

Unfortunately, I am relying on financing. As awesome as it'd be to have a stand alone unit, I just don't think it'll be in the cards. I will still entertain the idea and look into the units you speak of!

Just found the "reply with quote" button.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #17  
Stumps take an impractical amount of time with a tractor backhoe. You might consider a bigger piece to bust out the projects and then downsize later. I sold my L3240 and BH-90 and got a 310. Its night and day difference. IMG_0311.JPG

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #18  
I have an endless amount of stumps to dig up, four large retaining walls planned and lots of drainage around the house just to start. It will all take me a lot of time. I know I can cut time with the correct tool, but I will run up rental costs close to the amount I'd spend on the backhoe.

Sidenote- your setup caught my attention when I initially started reading these forums. Are you still rocking the winch and grapple? If so, still loving it?

This is often a shocker to potential tractor backhoe purchasers: They really arent designed for digging stumps. Stumps is one of the quickest ways to wear a backhoe out. I have seen weak subframes cracked, pins sheared, bushings worn out, hydraulic cylinders broken in half, and so much play they rattle and clank when traveling down the road. Now there are specific ways to dig that minimize damage (star pattern perpendicular to trunk) but backhoes are made for dirt, not wood reinforced by it. Check out Daveknowshow on YouTube. He has a few videos that explain what I am saying well. The bad news is this method takes a bunch of time per stump, as you have to reposition very often. Now if you are retired and have an hour per stump, then go slow and get them out.

That said, you have retaining walls and drainage. These are great reasons to get a backhoe. I also have water lines, sewer lines/septic field, electrical lines, water lines, gas tank and lines. For me the backhoe was a no brainer. I am also 40 miles into the winding mountains, so rentals are difficult and costly.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #19  

If your replying to me, yes, the Farmi and grapple have been flawless. They have earned their keep.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #20  
Quote from Essex Equipment
Essex Junction, Vermont

Kubota L2501 HST 15116.00
LA525 Q.C. 4669.70
Loaded R1's 335.00
Rears spaced 5" 500.00
42" 2000# Forks 600.00
LP BB1572 1219.00
3rd Function 950.00
BH77 7999.00
LP SPL1072 1131.00

Rebates -1600.00

Fees 226.00

Sub-total 31165.70
Tax 1855.18
Total 33020.88

The dealer says prices will increase 5% as of April 1st. We will look to make this purchase in March. There are some items that may be tweaked. I am on the fence about the backhoe. I can make great use of it, but it's very expensive. I will also be paying cash for a Farmi JL351P in May.

Anyone in VT, NY, NH, ME or MA have any input?

Any input is greatly appreciated and I love to hear what people think of their own machines no matter where they reside!

Cheers,

Seth

2501 HST with that loader should be about $18,000