Price Check Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #21  
Correct (in reference to the $18k but that didnt quote correctly). 3 impliments & a 3rd function that average out to about $1k each. Backhoe is $7k. That tallies up to a little less than you were quoted. Might get a few more quotes and/or work your dealer over a bit.

Others have touched on how insufficient a 3,500lbs tractor with a backhoe is compared to a 10-15-20klbs real industrial TBL is. I'm looking for a cheap $1-2k hoe for my L4060 to beat a shovel for some light personal use. I know it wont hold a candle to my buddies 40 year old 13,000lbs industrial TBL. That has pins that are worn to the point I could a cram a finger between the bushing & pin. But you cant beat weight. But a cheap 3pt hoe will plant some trees & dig a few holes better than my back will.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #22  
That's about right for pricing here in the Northeast. Those two line items are about what I paid last year for bare tractor, loader, SSQA and 66" bucket. You need to travel to get a L2501 for under $19K. I don't know if Barlows still sells all over, but they may be an option.

I love my rig and would only change a few minor things:
- I wish I got the rear/front remotes added
- I was on the fence about a backhoe too and wish I went for it. My dealer also offered to install the subframe and remotes needed to later add the backhoe.
- A block heater is not standard! Its an option, that I highly recommend. In very cold conditions, the stock battery struggled/failed to start (0 degrees and colder).

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #23  
That's about right for pricing here in the Northeast. Those two line items are about what I paid last year for bare tractor, loader, SSQA and 66" bucket. You need to travel to get a L2501 for under $19K. I don't know if Barlows still sells all over, but they may be an option.

I love my rig and would only change a few minor things:
- I wish I got the rear/front remotes added
- I was on the fence about a backhoe too and wish I went for it. My dealer also offered to install the subframe and remotes needed to later add the backhoe.
- A block heater is not standard! Its an option, that I highly recommend. In very cold conditions, the stock battery struggled/failed to start (0 degrees and colder).
My old L3200 started okish at -15f with a couple glow plug cycles. It had the engine they tweaked to become the L2501. I did just plug in the remote controlled outlet for the block & seat heater on my new L4060hstc thoug. It will start if you need it rarely in the cold, but better on the engine if you get/use a block heater for much cold weather activity.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #24  
What I found last winter was that you could glow the plugs for 10 seconds or crank the engine, but not both with the stock (400 CCA) battery. I ran the original battery all year without issue except when very cold (single digit territory). This fall I brought the battery to the Interstate dealer and it tested fine. I replaced it anyway, with a 700 CCA battery that is the same physical size. It hasn't failed to start this winter. But like you said, its much easier on the machine if it has a block heater.

BTW - I have not run into anyone else that has had any starting issues (here or locally) with any new Kubota. I simple think that my stock battery was not really up to snuff.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #25  
My recommendation would be to get the 25 series box blade.
The 15 series are light duty and light weight.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #26  
My recommendation would be to get the 25 series box blade.
The 15 series are light duty and light weight.
Weight is your friend on most impliments, especially a box blade. I ran a 72" king kutter behind my L3200. It was a bit wide, especially for the 60" track of the R4s. I ended up strapping a pile of scrap steel to the top for more weight. Even then it wouldnt cut or scratch the road when that clay was packed & dry.

Go heavy. A L2501 would be underpowered her in Colorado where we have no Oxygen. But my L3200 here probably about the same HP as a L2501 at sea level. You dont need power to run a box blade, you need traction, which is more or less weight. I never ran out of power with my box blade. I was either going slow for traction or control & reaction time.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB
I will be traveling over the road to Missouri at the end of March for six weeks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular dealer or state I should look for between VT and MO? Is it worth buying out of state if it saves me a couple thousand? Or is it better to have the piece of mind knowing the reputable dealer I purchase from is just around the corner?

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #28  
I will be traveling over the road to Missouri at the end of March for six weeks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular dealer or state I should look for between VT and MO? Is it worth buying out of state if it saves me a couple thousand? Or is it better to have the piece of mind knowing the reputable dealer I purchase from is just around the corner?
Somerset ky

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #29  
Carter Turf & Tractor, Fairfield Illinois is a Kubota Dealer. Great people to do business with. They are a few miles North of Interstate 64 on your way to Missouri. Exit 110,Route 45 North.

/ Price Check on Kubota L2501 HST TLB #30  
I can稚 comment on all the attachments, but I bought an L2501 DT with R1, Canopy, weights and block heater for less than $15k in 2016. It痴 my favorite tractor out of 10 that I own