Price Check Price check - 9/14/16 - Kioti NX6010HST Cab

/ Price check - 9/14/16 - Kioti NX6010HST Cab #31  
^^^ I agree. I am also wanting to make sure that people understand that, yes, HP CAN be important, and that because they might choose more HP that they shouldn't be worried about wearing a Scarlett Letter.

It used to be that HP was meant to provide a sense of difference in what machines could do (within the actual definition of power [Power = Work * Time]). As you have clearly noted, for many of the likely work requirements ALL NXs perform more or less the same.

We're hashing this over and over. I'm not seeing it produce any different results.
It all depends what you end up doing with the tractor. I bought the smallest motor to save money and to make sure I wouldn't get into the hay business... Of course one of my buddies buys a set of hay making junk and is cutting at my place and his tractor breaks down, so now I'm running a 5' baler on 31pto hp... Makes 4' bales pretty good, but for a 5'er you have have to finish going down hill.... A 9' haybine isn't any load at all though. lAnyways, that's the only time I thought a DK50SE would be kind of handy, but probably 38pto hp isn't going to make 5' bales real well either...
I also kind of like have the smallest motor in the chassis as it means it going to be harder to break things in the drivetrain or the loader, and the cooling system is identical so I can run my tractor hard as I can without the temp gauge budging. In low range moving dirt with a 1000lb 7' box blade I can't bog the tractor at PTO rpms, either it spins (with loaded R1's)or pulls so extra hp isn't going to help much and even a NX6010 isn't going to pull that blade in mid range...

I guess if I got a 7' snowblower I might want more pto hp but with the hst its no big deal so slow abit for a big drift and then speed through the low areas. If you've got a gear tractor then I would think getting more hp is never bad though, especially if you are going to be plowing with it.

/ Price check - 9/14/16 - Kioti NX6010HST Cab #32  
It all depends what you end up doing with the tractor. I bought the smallest motor to save money and to make sure I wouldn't get into the hay business... Of course one of my buddies buys a set of hay making junk and is cutting at my place and his tractor breaks down, so now I'm running a 5' baler on 31pto hp... Makes 4' bales pretty good, but for a 5'er you have have to finish going down hill.... A 9' haybine isn't any load at all though. lAnyways, that's the only time I thought a DK50SE would be kind of handy, but probably 38pto hp isn't going to make 5' bales real well either...
I also kind of like have the smallest motor in the chassis as it means it going to be harder to break things in the drivetrain or the loader, and the cooling system is identical so I can run my tractor hard as I can without the temp gauge budging. In low range moving dirt with a 1000lb 7' box blade I can't bog the tractor at PTO rpms, either it spins (with loaded R1's)or pulls so extra hp isn't going to help much and even a NX6010 isn't going to pull that blade in mid range...

I guess if I got a 7' snowblower I might want more pto hp but with the hst its no big deal so slow abit for a big drift and then speed through the low areas. If you've got a gear tractor then I would think getting more hp is never bad though, especially if you are going to be plowing with it.

The DK engine lineup is a bit different than the NX. As we have seen the NX engines are all identical except for software. The DK engines are all the identical block but have different stroke and bore so have different displacements. The DK tractors are otherwise identical except for decals.