Practice with my drone

/ Practice with my drone #11  
When I read that DJI was supplying drones to Putin for drone bombers, that cooked it for me with them. My DJI can stay put away now.

/ Practice with my drone #12  
Ceiling on my Autel is as high as you care to fly, linear distance is 7 miles unobstructed. Not that I do because I have an FAA license and adhere to FAA rules. No geo fencing either. I prefer using my smarts when it comes to restricted flying..... and, my Autel is Kubota orange, a huge plus.

/ Practice with my drone
Nice. That's a big biplane. I fly RC planes. WWII planes and Biplanes are my favorites.
I recently got a little drone with a camera but it seems so complicated... I haven't gotten it off the ground yet.
Great job on the video. What drone and camera are you using?
Thanks, it is the DJI Air2 S and I use the smart controller. I just used 4K 30FPS as I can zoom with that and being a 5K camera it loses very little quality. Using any more than those setting you can't zoom. It is a great drone.

/ Practice with my drone
Fun video and looks like a very nice flying field. I have not flown my models in years. I lost my best friend that I flew with all the time and my heart just is not in it anymore. Maybe some day.
I lost my best flying buddy many years ago as well. I had a hiatus but it is in the blood so I came back.
Sympathies for your loss.

/ Practice with my drone
We have no problems with Geo fencing here. Mine is switched off anyway. Range is not great unless you are setting missions then it can travel about 8 miles or so. Normal FPV mode range is around 1 -1.5 klm.

/ Practice with my drone
Ceiling on my Autel is as high as you care to fly, linear distance is 7 miles unobstructed. Not that I do because I have an FAA license and adhere to FAA rules. No geo fencing either. I prefer using my smarts when it comes to restricted flying..... and, my Autel is Kubota orange, a huge plus.
Autel is another drone I would consider for sure. I wanted the 5K camera and the 2S was available locally.

/ Practice with my drone #17  
This 40cc twin was one of my favorites. Picture is a few yrs old.

Nice looking plane!
I built a pretty standard mono wing kit plane when I was starting out, and destroyed it on the first "flight".
I started building what were called SPAD (simple plastic airplane design) with PVC gutter pipe, aluminum "c" channel, and corrugated sign plastic. They were very durable / repairable and I was able to teach myself how to fly them. I quit flying them 20 some years ago, but they were fun to build and fly!

/ Practice with my drone #18  
i have no need to fly it 10 miles away. heck, the hawks would nail it. seems like every time i fly it the birds chase it.

/ Practice with my drone
This morning I have been experimenting with the 'follow me' modes so maybe I can try that next week.

/ Practice with my drone #20  
FYI, Autel makes a really nice and 'smart' OBD scanner too. I have one. Not only diagnoses the trouble codes but suggests what part or assembly has failed.