Buying Advice Powerstar T4.75

/ Powerstar T4.75 #221  
Utopia Texas where did you get your monitor bracket? Also does it bolt to the cab pillar as well? It was a year or so ago now I asked my dealer for one and they did not show one available. Thanks!

The "L" shaped bracket that goes from the top of the door to the door pillar is a New Holland part. Take a copy of my picture to your dealership and show it to the parts guy. He can take it from there. Go to your local bank first and float a small loan for the bracket! :) Yes, There are metal cap screws that hold the bracket to the door frame. The threaded female parts are already in the top of the door and the pillar but may be hidden by plastic upholstery caps.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #222  
eth555, I think the part you are looking for is 87614599. You can go to new holland's parts site and look it up by part number to be sure. If you want to see a graphic of it it is in the platform, cab,decal section, it's listed as "support, monitor" or something like that.
I understand your frustration about not finding what you want at a dealer. I've been trying for 2 months to find a 3rd function diverter valve kit part number unsuccessfully, I know they make them, utopia Texas has one on his. So if anyone can help me with that I'd sure appreciate it.
Wayne
Ps here's some more info.

15 SUPPORT ASSY, Incl 7 - 14 87614599 $190.89 3-7 business days

Last edited:
   / Powerstar T4.75 #223  
Wayne

The 3rd function valve on our T4.75 was added at the dealer when we purchased it. I believe it's an after market valve sold by W. R. Long. Check out their website Valve Kits They sell it in a kit form with all fittings and brackets you need. There are plenty of other companies that sell them also.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #224  
Everything Attachments makes a third function valve....
3rd function valve kit for any tractor, free shipping within 1,000 miles!!

/ Powerstar T4.75 #225  
Thanks guys, that's what I was wanting to know. I hoped New Holland had an off the shelf kit so it would be a plug and play installation, and one of these WRlong kits or others may be. My tractor has switches on the joystick and wiring ready to hook up, I don't want to start cutting and splicing wires on a brand new tractor if I don't need to.
I appreciate your response. Looks like I'll be ordering an aftermarket kit.
Wayne

/ Powerstar T4.75 #226  
Wayne Clagg and Utopia Texas, Thanks for the information and part number. Wow almost $200 Utopia Texas is right I need to stop at the bank first. I may try to fabricate something for that amount of money.

It sure seems like New Holland would offer a plug an play kit for our tractors to add a 3rd function; it is probably just talking to the right person at the right place like with this monitor bracket. I thought I read in the brochure (it has been a long time) that there was a dealer installed option for that? I will have to go back a reread that when I get a chance.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #227  
Wayne Clagg and Utopia Texas, Thanks for the information and part number. Wow almost $200 Utopia Texas is right I need to stop at the bank first. I may try to fabricate something for that amount of money.

It sure seems like New Holland would offer a plug an play kit for our tractors to add a 3rd function; it is probably just talking to the right person at the right place like with this monitor bracket. I thought I read in the brochure (it has been a long time) that there was a dealer installed option for that? I will have to go back a reread that when I get a chance.

About a month after I bought the bracket from my New Holland Dealer I happened to be on EBay and typed in "monitor bracket". At that time there were a lot of options there that were very inexpensive.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #228  
Just an update for any who are interested. Looked at a couple kits and emailed Iowa Farm Equipment. Told them what I had and they responded shortly with a price for a plug and play "true" 3rd function valve kit for $975. This kit is supposed be a bolt on affair that will plug into my existing wiring harness "as long as I have the two red buttons on the joystick", which I do. So if anyone is interested in how this works out let me know and I'll post an update when it comes in.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #229  
I had the WR Long 3rd function installed on my T4.95 when I bought it. It appears to be a very simple and clean installation. I have not used it yet, so I can't comment on its performance.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #230  
Just an update for any who are interested. Looked at a couple kits and emailed Iowa Farm Equipment. Told them what I had and they responded shortly with a price for a plug and play "true" 3rd function valve kit for $975. This kit is supposed be a bolt on affair that will plug into my existing wiring harness "as long as I have the two red buttons on the joystick", which I do. So if anyone is interested in how this works out let me know and I'll post an update when it comes in.

I'm interested to see how it works out. Keep us updated.