Buying Advice Powerstar T4.75

/ Powerstar T4.75 #211  
Hey guys I was doing some research on tractors and stumbled on this great site. I'm basically in the same boat as far as trying to decide which tractor to buy. There is so much helpful information in this thread. I've been looking into the New Holland T4.75, the Case IH 75c and the Massey Ferguson 4608. Now that these tractors have been out awhile does anyone have any more insight into their performance and reliability? I haven't used a cab tractor a lot, but if I could find a deal like some of these mentioned I would probably buy it. I'm looking to buy hopefully this month. What's the easiest way to get a quote from dealers? I don't mind driving to get a good deal. Thanks for any help.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #212  
I have had my T4.75 for about a year now. Overall, I am very happy with it. Only problem I had with it was I could not get the parking brake to engage sometimes, but it just required a simple adjustment and the dealer got right on it.

I do not have the self-leveling loader, so obviously, no problem to report with that.

I do agree with Pafarmgurl on the quality of the speakers: they are a little weak and can be hard to hear with I have it at PTO RPM level.

Generally, I am happy with the purchase.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #213  
I've had my T4.75 about 6 months and love it. The inside of the cab is set up much better and more comfortable than the other brands I looked at before buying.

(TaterinTexas) -Take the cover off the wall pillar below the radio and look carefully for a spare electrical wire tucked between the other wires. On the end is the female plug for ear phones. Drill the correct sized hole in the cover and install the head phone jack on the end of the wire. Problem solved! I have no idea why this is not done at the factory. If you look carefully at the picture I attached you can see the head phone wire plugged into the upper black plastic square on the pillar. You cannot actually see the plug in the picture as it is hidden behind the plastic plug that goes over the jack when the plug is not plugged in. All these parts in the picture are black in color and blend in together but you can see the headphone wire hanging down the pillar.
Camera and Headphones.jpg
PS- I found the wire right away after taking the small cover off the pillar below the radio because it was not running the same direction as the other wires but then thought I was mistaken as I could not pull it up with my fingers. Come to find out it was caught on the end by something below and once I rotated the wire first it came loose and was easy to pull up to inspect the end. I was surprised there was a totally finished jack on the end with cover.

Last edited:
   / Powerstar T4.75 #214  
Not a lot new to report. Tractor runs good. I would go with the std loader, if you need full range control of the bucket/spear at all heights. The metal of the entry Steps are a bit flimsy. I was told by IH rep that they were going to put beefier ones on, but I haven't seen them. Would liked to have had a place to mount a fire extinguisher inside the cab. I removed the panel on the lower right of the steering column and put reinforcement behind the cowling to mount one. All tractors should have a mounting place as standard. Few do.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #215  
I haven't been able to find one close by yet to get inside and check it out. Maybe I just need to start calling and getting quotes and then go on a road trip. :D

/ Powerstar T4.75 #216  
Does anyone know if the self leveling loader is actually much more capable than the standard loader? NH advertises a max height lift capacity as follows:

For the standard, non self leveling loader, it lists:
Lift Capacity: 2,356lbs
Breakout Force: 3,819lbs.

Then, for the self leveling loader, the specs are listed as:
Lift Capacity: 3,179lbs
Breakout Force: 4,665lbs.

These measurements are for 800mm forward of the pins.

I just don't see why the self leveling feature adds so much capacity???

/ Powerstar T4.75 #217  
The loader is a beast (self leveling). I'm surprised what it will pick up. The curl/dump is very limited with the self leveling model though. I've been waiting to hear back for months now on a "fix".

/ Powerstar T4.75 #218  
The loader is a beast (self leveling). I'm surprised what it will pick up. The curl/dump is very limited with the self leveling model though. I've been waiting to hear back for months now on a "fix".

Do you have one of the first few year 4.75's? I remember there being something about the limited curl function, and they came out with a fix for it, but I believe the newer models were already "fixed".

/ Powerstar T4.75 #219  
While searching this site for info on a 3rd function valve I stumbled across this post about the headphones. I took the fuse cover off and sure enough my headphone jack was hanging in there as well. Like yours, mine was hung up down below but careful jiggling worked it loose and I mounted it just like yours. An interesting note: Mine had all the metal hardware screwed on it (nuts and lock washers) and like I said it was just hanging down inside the pillar. I would think they would be concerned about that thing swaying back and forth and touching some of the switches or the nuts coming loose and falling down into the ac controls.

/ Powerstar T4.75 #220  
Utopia Texas where did you get your monitor bracket? Also does it bolt to the cab pillar as well? It was a year or so ago now I asked my dealer for one and they did not show one available. Thanks!