Power Trac PT425

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Power Trac PT425 #451  
Re: Power Trac Mowing Performance

I wonder why they pulled it, low sales, or something else?

KCook

/ Power Trac PT425 #452  

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sean said, when I was visiting them a few weeks ago, that they are discontinuing the 422 because they see no need for two machines with such close specs. Seems logical to me.

/ Power Trac PT425 #453  

I assume you mean the 418?
PJ

/ Power Trac PT425 #454  

<font color=green>I assume you mean the 418?
</font color=green>

No, I assume I mean the 422. But that may be a big assumption on my part. There were a couple of tractors in the warehouse with no ROPS that I interpreted from my conversation with Sean to be the end of a line and because of the way he phrased it I interpreted them to be 422s. But I wasn't paying very close attention since it was the 1845 I was interested in. So I may be all wet here. Time will tell.

/ Power Trac PT425 #455  

KCook, i sure will. I'll be cutting the hill behind our house probably on thursday. This hill is not quite as steep as the one in the front, but its real close. Just a few degrees difference. While the PT is a very versitle machine, i won't be happy if i have problems mowing. You can be sure i am going to revisit the front hill in short order too!

/ Power Trac PT425 #456  

IF you go to there web site, they still list the 422 but they don't list the 418.
KCook

/ Power Trac PT425 #457  

Reds:
I have experienced the same thing with the front tire and it has been the joy stick coming out of float every time. It happened 2 times before I realized what I was doing wrong. I now can feel when this happens and push the joy stick into float and keep on going. I side mow a hill that is way over 20 percent with know problem. Because the tractor also twists there is almost no way you could get one of your tractor wheels off of the ground on a side hill unless the front implement was pushing the tractor off the ground, since the mower rotates freely the tractor would feel very unstable quickly if the implement was holding up the machine. The pedal does get some getting used to. When you let off of the pedal to increase torque the tractor slows for a moment, just wait a second and the hydralic pressure will catch up to the new tractor speed. I also increase my pedal pressure when using the bucket like mossroad. This is to keep the momentum going forward and pressure on the bucket. I think the bucket is to fast to do it any other way. Please try your mower again, experiment with it. Your situation is where a Power Trac should realy do well. Please keep me posted on your progress. Also, check your fan fuse. If your fan is not working this could effect your hydralics.
PTRich

/ Power Trac PT425 #458  

PTRich and Reds that is defenitly one good way to aliviate the problem. i am in communication with pt and am awaiting an official release of what their position is on that subject which i identified to them some 200 hrs ago.

my personal way is to take the mower out of floating position and to raise the deck about an inch, which chris at pt is also recommending. but i prefer if they would write it on a piece of paper.

/ Power Trac PT425 #459  

Hans, to be clear, are you saying that you have experienced the problem Reds is talking about with a wheel coming off the ground when mowing on a slope? If so, how serious is the problem? I'm visiting the factory next week and may want to ask them about it. Thanks.

/ Power Trac PT425 #460  

marrt, yes i have experienced that situation. but remember, i use the pt425 as a towing vehicle with 2 more mowers behind me (700 lbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.