Power-trac Forum

/ Power-trac Forum #31  
Glennmac Re: Power-trac Forum

It was fairly muddy, but no where getting stuck muddy. Only a few inches.

/ Power-trac Forum #32  
Glennmac Re: Power-trac Forum

well we ag majors ain't spelling to good like theme here laiers does. today wes mowed the hole day and tonight we hat a thunder stuurm so we switched over to our grappler device and unloaded three 30 feets mables trees cuttings. the moad in our mulch yard is at least 5 or 6 incehes deep. dschpite the moad, we had that 20 feets by 84 inches and 2.5 feets high (fuul of wood) trailer unloaded in about 10 minutes (no doomper) just using the grappler bucket, and going up and down them ramp into the moad and back up again into the trailer bed.

the way them here tuurf tires are designed the the larger area of attack, plus the ingienious designe of the turf tire, plus the hydroschttisch dischtribuschen of the power to each wheel will does as well as any ag tire. best exampel is the we have not changed our L series kubota 4x4 tractor back to ag tires for the last five winters. one of our clients is very demanding (walmart) they open even during snowstuurms. the two stores have us back every year with our tuurf tires and no chains or spikes.
so herr professor of law, come und tries the wounderfull AMERIKAN MASCHINE in tse moad on your way down to charlies...please!!!!!!

/ Power-trac Forum #33  
For example, it would also cover those of us with Ventrac or Steiner articulated turf tractors. This is my new Ventrac 4200 (31 hp) and 72 inch deck mowing a slope of 28 degrees.

Attachments

• 19-142167-VentracSlope.jpg
    19-142167-VentracSlope.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 115
   / Power-trac Forum #34  
It seems as if the PT owners do dominate the "other brands" forum so a PT forum is a good idea. But at least a "articulated tractor" forum would be a step in the right direction. As far as including the EF machine ... seems like a good idea to me. This would do nothing but benefit the rest of us based upon what i read of MChalkleys experiences/comments.

What does CUT stand for?

/ Power-trac Forum #35  
Jack:
Before I got the Power Trac, I looked at Steiner and Ventrac brochures and videos, but never got to drive one. Your slopes look like some of mine. Did you have any unscheduled trips downhill on the John Deere before getting the Steiner?

/ Power-trac Forum #36  
Jack, thats a nice looking setup! What grade is it rated for with those dual wheels on it?

/ Power-trac Forum #37  
<font color=blue>What does CUT stand for?</font color=blue>

Compact utility tractor.

/ Power-trac Forum #38  
The Ventrac with duals is approved for slopes of up to 30 degrees which is 57.7% grade. The limiting condition is the engine--not the overall vehicle stability. For continuous operation, the engine has a limit of 25 degrees, but for short periods 30 degrees is permitted. On a former Steiner tractor I had, one time the tilt meter read 38 degrees as I started sliding downhill sideways, but with no indication of impending overturning. That tractor had a 66 inch overall width. This Ventrac has a 70 inch overall width.

/ Power-trac Forum #39  
Charlie,
I have had numerous unplanned trips downhill with 2 wheel drive garden tractors but fortunately no overturns. As I stand in my back yard and look around at all of the adjoining lawns on both sides of the creek at the bottom of my hill, I can count a minimum of 10 tractor overturns that have occurred on 2 wheel drive mowers and garden tractors. One produced serious injury. The amount of extra laundry work required to remove the brown skid marks is unknown.

I purchased my first Steiner in 1995 to be able to mow safely on my slopes, and now I do some of the steepest slopes for my neighbors and at my Church as well. I never remove the duals except for snow removal on sidewalks and driveways in the winter.

I just retired from John Deere as a tractor engineer so I have loyalties to green as well. The Ventrac and Steiner are special purpose turf tractors that are often used by parks, golf courses, commercial cutters, etc. If Deere made an articulated turf tractor suited for hillside mowing I would undoubtedly own one, but for now I am "forced" to own 2 tractors.

/ Power-trac Forum #40  
Jack:
I must confess a bit of loyalty to green, as well. We have a 755, a 950 and a 2240, all of which have treated us better than we have treated them. So far, however, I am so pleased with the Power Trac that I think even an articulated Deere would be playing catchup. I think a description of the Power Tracs, and the Steiners and Ventracs as well, might be "articulated implement carriers," although you're certainly right that hillside mowing capability is a central characteristic.
Sorry to hear circumstances force you to have two tractors - as opposed to three or four.